Water Based Sealer for Concrete Floors

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
We have been in the process of remodeling for the last year. We do a room at a time, as time and finances allow. The kitchen, dining area, family room and living/dining combo are all a large area, divided with a partial wall. We are not ready to take on that part of the house yet, but I really would like to pull the carpet and use a good water based sealer on the bare slab to protect it until we are ready to put the vinyl planks in that section. I don't have time for epoxy/urethane to cure. Need to be able to have traffic on it within a couple hours.

Any suggestions on good brands?

Take care,
Lisa

Name
George Valliant
I use a lot of Zepp concrete seal from lowes. 15 bucks a gallon and a microfiber applicator pad /pole and you're in business. It falls somewhere between a matte and gloss finish depending how porous the floor is and how many coats you put

Im guessing its water base.

Reactions: truckmount girl
Name
George Valliant
That's a good question. Light damp mop often with a neutral cleaner it should last a heck of a long time in a residential setting.

I would probably re - apply once a year whether it needs it or not.

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
It's around 300 - 400 for 5 gal pail and I believe its available in California.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Ever thought of polishing the concrete?

No, it has the holes from the tackless and it is just a temporary thing until we get to those rooms. Less than a year (hopefully!). Just need to seal it for dog pee and spills.

Take care,
Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom