Water Claw...Brain Tease!

Name
John LaBarbera
I was wondering, When was the first time you recall using, seeing or hear about the Water Claw? How about the Spot Claw, which I believe was the original tool. Do you recall any of it's history? WARNING! You might be dating yourself.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Clearly trying to be a nicer person was not one of Marty's New's resolutions.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Name
Nate W.
John LaBarbera said:
I was wondering, When was the first time you recall using, seeing or hear about the Water Claw? How about the Spot Claw, which I believe was the original tool. Do you recall any of it's history? WARNING! You might be dating yourself.

I do recall seeing the original small claw first. I remember they sent a VHS tape with some information about it. They were looking for distributors. I believe either 98 or 99 when I remember it.

Do you remember the original rotovac stair tool that turned into the 360?

What about the magic wand that had a motorized brush on it?

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Nate,

Thanks. I remember the stair tool. Hydramaster was selling them. I don't remember the Magic Wand tool. I seem to recall the Spot Claw in the late 80's or early 90's.

John Watson

The orriginal Spot claw by water claw came out the same year we (CCINW) had the See it in Seattle Convention at the Seattle Center, I think it was 96 or 97. Shawn brought a Vortex and some dipshit sabatoged it, John Sales brought his big truck with all the different machines. John Downey also made the daybue of his brothers machine ??. Dr Edgar P. York was there. I bought an orriginal claw at our auction there, I just sold it at our Nov Chapter meeting swap meet.

Nancy Willie of Blaine WA bought it. It did not have vac release ports like the next version 6 mo later. The water claws also got new vac releases and I believe the orriginal guy sold out to some other company (Nick Nellows went to Eagles or HD and came out with his copy called The Nic-o-claw.

G

'99 is the first year I heard about the claw. And I believe it was Lowe's that Nick went to to get his shower floor drain to make his own claw. Pretty clever.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I also bought one of the Spot Claws from the inventor's rep, but don't remember the year. It was either at a tradeshow in Silverdale in 97 or one in Seattle in 2000. It wasn't quite as polished a piece as it became once acquired by BridgePoint though. At the time I thought it was a clever derivative of US Products' upholstery spotting vacuum tool.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom