WATER DAMAGE CLASS

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Where in the country is there a class that involves flooding a make shift house and doing a total water damage restoration? Looking for the best.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
We do that class regularly in Orlando. Students get to dry an older home and portions of a commercial building. Rachel Adams is the instructor. I don't think you can find a better hands-on real world situation nor a better instructor.

Plus who would not like to go to nice warm Florida when it is winter everywhere else.

Here is our schedule - https://www.cvent.com/c/calendar/ab53c6cb-fee0-44a6-a384-c51a2a4b32c0 You can filter by entering "ASD" in the search box.

Attachments

• LoRes-2.jpg
    LoRes-2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 240
  • LoRes-34.jpg
    LoRes-34.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 257
  • LoRes-52.jpg
    LoRes-52.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 212
  • LoRes-56.jpg
    LoRes-56.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 172

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You see the polar ice cap has lost 95% of it's deep ice. That means where I live will eventually be the coast line. And all of the hurricanes will be here. I want to be ready for this new market to open up.

I am both a visionary and delOOSEnary.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
think I met him once at a mini Pembertonfest sales thingie .
He was one of the speakers

If Chuck is/was the guy that day (Jim, was it?)
really liked the guy's style.
No BS, straight shooter..knew his chit

...L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I thought it was Chuck jr and Blaylock???
Chuck jr went beyond what his dad figured out. He teaches the science behind it.

There is also Reets Drying Academy. He teaches a great class and has online training available also, if you prefer to learn at your own pace. Great for training employees.

Reactions: kmdineen

FredC

Village Idiot
I thought it was Chuck jr and Blaylock???
Chuck jr went beyond what his dad figured out. He teaches the science behind it.

There is also Reets Drying Academy. He teaches a great class and has online training available also, if you prefer to learn at your own pace. Great for training employees.
https://reetsdryingacademy.com/
:icon_redface: I posted wrong one....was wondering why it wasn't in GA

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
think I met him once at a mini Pembertonfest sales thingie .
He was one of the speakers

If Chuck is/was the guy that day (Jim, was it?)
really liked the guy's style.
No BS, straight shooter..knew his chit

...L.T.A.

That was his son. he did a great job in his presentation

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Welp, looks like i'll be going to the Jan class in Washington. Super excited. I'm ready to branch out and expand a little. Lots to learn and lots of neat equipment to buy. I can't wait to point a thermal camera at my wife and see her hot spots!

I think while i'm up there i'll pick up this beauty and drive it home.

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
Just an observation on this thread title.

I often see vans driving around listing one of their services as -

"Flood damage" or "Water damage"

It is Water damage restoration dammit.

😉

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
We do that class regularly in Orlando. Students get to dry an older home and portions of a commercial building. Rachel Adams is the instructor. I don't think you can find a better hands-on real world situation nor a better instructor.

Plus who would not like to go to nice warm Florida when it is winter everywhere else.

Here is our schedule - https://www.cvent.com/c/calendar/ab53c6cb-fee0-44a6-a384-c51a2a4b32c0 You can filter by entering "ASD" in the search box.

I just took that course.

Reactions: J Scott W

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Every few years an ignorant schmuck hooks his machine fill garden hose to an outside faucet and floods a finished basement.
The only way that's going to happen is if the pipe is broken. That can happen if the home owner has the water shut off and you unknowingly turn it back on. Make it a point of discussing that with the owner before turning the water on yourself. Especially in moderate climates like the Vancouver area. We don't often have freezing temperatures, so many leave the water on all year. On the rare occasion when the temperature does drop, many are caught by surprise.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Do you guys in cold country choose not to fill at a customers house because of that?
It's a liability anytime. Many of those breaks are not found until spring or summer when they go to water trees & plants or wash the car.

If you're unlucky enough to find one, its hard to get out of. It was dry before you hooked up to it, but it's not your fault their basement is flooded.???

One of the primary reasons to carry your water.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It's a liability anytime. Many of those breaks are not found until spring or summer when they go to water trees & plants or wash the car.

If you're unlucky enough to find one, its hard to get out of. It was dry before you hooked up to it, but it's not your fault their basement is flooded.???

One of the primary reasons to carry your water.
I have never had it happen to me. I hook up to outside faucets every day. If the water is already turned on and there is a leak, it will already be evident to them. If the water is turned off, I discuss that with them before turning it back on. It's never my liability.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You're a lucky man. I personally had it at least once a year until we carried out own water.

We still get accused of it occasionally when cleaning carpet. They shut up when we tell them we never hooked up to their spigot.

As WDR calls we a couple a month throughout the year directly related to frozen spigots.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You're a lucky man. I personally had it at least once a year until we carried out own water.

We still get accused of it occasionally when cleaning carpet. They shut up when we tell them we never hooked up to their spigot.

As WDR calls we a couple a month throughout the year directly related to frozen spigots.
If we've had really cold weather, we'll hook up to an inside faucet with a tap adapter. Laundry sink works well. If the outside tap is frozen, don't try thawing it out. That's when the surprise will happen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom