water lines in tile

N

neapolitan

I just did a tile and grout cleaning job and in the kitchen by the dish washer there was about 6 tiles that have been changed out. There was no visible water lines in the tile before cleaning but onlly in the tile that was changed out there is water marks after cleaning. I have not gone back to see if it dried out and disappeared yet. I have only seen this happen on mexican tile. I useed extreme carpet pre spray ph of 10 and some oxy booster. I have cleaned 100's of jobs with this same pre spray. Has anyone else had this happen? thanks Kyle

N

neapolitan

I did not take pictures but the tile is white and it is like the water is traped just under the top coating on the tile and making it darker.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
it is how the tile is made......some are sealed on the back and some are not....
any water that gets in there and they get wet...it will absorb the water like a sponge...then it changes the color of the clay when it gets dark it shows threw the light color on the tile.....
(you will notice it really bad on the lighter color tiles)

hate to tell you this...but I have never seen it go away once this happens.........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom