Water Softener question

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok, so I Use Prolon from Bridgepoint for my rinse.

Can I use a water softener with this? It leaves the carpet soft and clean really but I am thinking from a "use less chemical and clean easier" point of view.

Does Prolon have a softener of some sort in it that will over do it with a water softener added? Or will it help dramaticaly?

Anyone?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
What would be the difference in benifits for before or after the tanK?

Will soft water stay clean longer (for lack of a better term)?

Thanks Steve, you are my new best friend :mrgreen:
As long as it won't hender my cleaning to add it and will actually help, I will do it.

Now, I have to figure where the hell in the van will it fit.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I am actually planning to install one at our shop. A home type unit so it should be a lot cheaper. 99% of the time I fill up there anyway and I wont have to worry about taking up space in the van.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
That is where I am leaning on doing...But at my house..I also only fill up here 99.9 % of the time..might as well kill 2 birds with one stone and cove all bases.....then I can pull the unit I have out and use the space......nothing wrong with it..it works fine..but adding to the house makes more since

Farenheit251

They don't take up much space in the van. About 12 square inches of floor space. You probably already have some dead space as it can go anywhere and run hoses to it. Keep the salt tank in the garage and hook up the line with a plastic qd,run an extension cord to it and turn the timer a bit to start.

Walt

I tried the home soft water set up. You can come pick it up at my house for free (seriously, email me if you want it) I paid about 200 on craigslist. Barely used.

I would highly recommend just getting the one that fits in the van and be done with it. The other type has to be plumbed into the house so that it can regenerate when on a timer. Perhaps other brands are different.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
You will be fine with a water softener. Soft water means you will need less chemical including Prolon. Yes, Prolon does have an ingredient that serves to soften the water. But there is nothing that will interfere with using a water softener.

Scott Warrington

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
scottw said:
You will be fine with a water softener. Soft water means you will need less chemical including Prolon. Yes, Prolon does have an ingredient that serves to soften the water. But there is nothing that will interfere with using a water softener.

Scott Warrington

That's what I wanted to hear.
Thanks.

P.S.
Uh, I will be handing out Ass woopins to anyone who is giving me bogus info. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom