Water softner?

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Hey Warren, In Northern Illinois here our water is quite hard. After I installed the water softener in the shop the soloutions do seem to rinse easier and there is less hard water deposits in my equipment. I also have a 100 gallon fresh water tank which will get me through most days. Saves time + saves gear = Good investment.

Name
Nate W.
I was always told that we have soft water. I just looked at the map it also says we have soft water. What happens when you already have soft water and run a softner? Does it make the water softer or are you just wasting your time?

Mike Draper

You can only make water so soft with a softner. After that, the next step is RO water ( Reverse Osmosis), Then Then DI water ( deionized water). Each step filters the impurities out of the water a little more.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
We recharge ours about once a month. Maybe we should more, but the tested says it still good so why bother, It doesnt have to be charged all the time. Once a week would be a good practice though. It takes ten minutes. so easy everyone should have one for this money. and no bulky spacing consuming equipment in your van.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Bruce Humphrey said:
Would most City waters be considered Hard or Soft?
Municipal water supplies typically are not softened. The hardness of the water depends on your geographical location.

hw%20map%201.jpg

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
joeynbgky said:
We recharge ours about once a month. Maybe we should more, but the tested says it still good so why bother, It doesnt have to be charged all the time. Once a week would be a good practice though. It takes ten minutes. so easy everyone should have one for this money. and no bulky spacing consuming equipment in your van.

Yea, i'll probably order a couple.

Name
Bruce
Newman said:
Bruce Humphrey said:
Would most City waters be considered Hard or Soft?
Municipal water supplies typically are not softened. The hardness of the water depends on your geographical location.

hw%20map%201.jpg
Thanks for posting that Chris . What would be better, softening up the water or running my rinse on full ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom