Water Stain?

I've got a water stain that I have pre-sprayed and extracted. It didn't go away, then I encapsulated it with a spinner pad, it's still there. What now? Any suggestions or ideas?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
What products have you tried on it?

What is the material... ie synthetic, type of pad, type of water damage..

If its synthetic with no real pad complications, we would us the O2 prespray on it with lots of dwell time. A second application and then a good extraction with quick drying.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Spray it with white vinegar & let it sit for 10 minutes. Mist it with 50/50 Releasit DS & pad or bonnet (make sure the pad is damp & lubricated) it out and force it dry.

Failing that it's probably time for some of Larry Cobbs FiberBrite (low pH reducer) mixed as a browning treatment... Force it dry after rinsing.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
The O2 system is a quality prespray and extraction rinse combo that were developed to work as a great system for residential carpets. The developed a booster called their hot sauce modifier that boosts the pH and adds enzymes to quadruple the potency. Both boosted and straight out of the jug, the system is a residue free clean and the dilution ratios are really make the system a money saver.

The basic Prespray is an oxygenated citrus based cleaning solution. utilizing Sodium Borate as the oxidizer, and a speceal blend of surfactantss and citrus solvents that work very well to emuslfiy and brighten without the usually harmful effects of an oxidizer.

The rinse adds a touch more oxidizer as well as a drying agent and neutralizing agents that remove all of the prespray, while leaving no residue of its own.

The pH is below 10.0 pH and will not harm the stain resistance of the carpet.

Judson Labs produces this product and it is very popular amongst users on this board.

http://www.truckmountdepot.com/Chemicals.html

In your particular situation of a water stain, generally the brownish residue and mineral deposits left behind are organic in nature. Thus an oxidizing product is going to help neutralize and break down those compounds. The o2 system is good choice for this application. As far as encap products go. Someone mentioned Releasit DS, but in this case i woudl recommond Rick Gelina's Encap Hydrox. Its an oxygen based encap that crystalize just as well as the rest of the releasit line. But was developed specifically to tackle water marks and organic stains, soiling while providing a low moisture solution to eliminate wicking.

However, you mentioned that the carpet has an attached rubber back. This means it could be either C/A which is a great product and the above solutions would work. It could be an off brand of carpet from the box stores, in which would worry me. But worse case : If its a black backing that is kinda of deterorating, gummy, or powdery, it could be older viking back carpet. In that case it may not be a water mark problem alone. That carpet is known to break down with time and moisture could bring those residues to the surface creating a terrible stain that can be very difficult to remove with out causing further problems.

if it is a deterorating underside rubber pad, I would use the encap product solution to minmize further damage to the floor.

Name
Nate W.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom