Water Stains

Chads

Supportive Member
What Is everybodys process of this type of stain and what luck have you had at getting rid of them depending on whats in the water.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
what about fine cottons, linens, silks and the like?

I get adjusters asking me to "fix" these problems with upholstery sometimes.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Coffee stain remover (sodium metabisulfite)for upholstery. Mist some after cleaning and put it outside where the sun is hitting it.

On carpet, agitation and the sm.

Albert

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
All these seem kinda common sense... except! --- Doesn't peroxide eat cotton? Doesn't coffee stain remover and Haitian cotton shampoo (both sodium metabisulfite) bleach the colors out of anything that is not solution dyed prior to extrusion?

I guess I'm just too much of a weenie to risk buying somebody else's obligation.

Walt

Try Bac-Out from biokleen. Seriously it has worked really well for me on a lot different fabrics - silk cotton and linen. Never have to worry about it at all. i've fixed a few just by spraying and brushing it in. Needs about 5 min dwell time to do the trick.

G

Albert Lazo said:
Coffee stain remover (sodium metabisulfite)for upholstery. Mist some after cleaning and put it outside where the sun is hitting it.

On carpet, agitation and the sm.

Albert

I agree.

B&BGaryC said:
All these seem kinda common sense... except! --- Doesn't peroxide eat cotton? Doesn't coffee stain remover and Haitian cotton shampoo (both sodium metabisulfite) bleach the colors out of anything that is not solution dyed prior to extrusion?

Spray n Go is not the same as Haitian Cotton Shampoo.
I will only use Haitian Cotton Shampoo on white fabric!
Spray n Go will not bleach out colors though.

harryhides

Name
Tony
On carpet, Peroxide works every time.

On fabric, it has to be a 3% solution or flush out evenly with an acid from seam to seam.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom