Water Temp Adjustment

lesterj2

Im thinking this is the way to increase and decrease the temp. of my water... Correct me if im wrong...

1004041ho7.jpg

John Watson

From what I see and what you explained, I think if you opened the valve and hooked your hase to the Aux quick connect you would get cooler temp water for when you clean wools and the like or just pressure washing with non heated water. I have a similar set up but never use it. clean wools and all as hot as I can.

lesterj2

so that only controls the temp of the water on the aux. connection...

it has nothing to do with the temp. of Wand 1 & 2...

gasaxe

I wouldnt say controls it. More so the aux. connection is a cold water ( pre heat exchanger) hook up point.
That valve just allows water to that connection.

John Watson

Nope, It will run at what ever she goes at. My temp Gage reads about 230 most of the time. I do not have any post heaters, just the 1' sq SS HX it came with.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Lester, On mine, that valve does control temp on all outlets. Look behind the outlets, mine has a manifold that connects all the outlets together.

lesterj2

heres a pic of the back of my machine... if you look you will see Wand 1 & 2 run off the same black hose through some type of splitter... But on Wand 1 it has that spiral metal tube connecting to the chemical meter...

1004035copyti9.jpg

gasaxe

it appears they are all 3 tied together. So you could use that valve to modulate colder water in with post heatexchanger water..not sure why you would want it though....I'd say keep that closed and let'er eat.

lesterj2

the reason i wanna turn down the heat a little... is because of the wiring of my sensors...
and i dont wanna get it too hot and burst and lines or tear up the machine...

gasaxe

not sure as to the flow out of the hp pump through the heat exchanger on that unit but the way i see from those pics the water out of the heat exchanger is still going to get however hot regardless of that valve. The only thing that valve will do is cool the water from the panel out.

lesterj2

i think im just gonna buy new sensors from WHiteMAgic if I dont figure something out by Friday...

Greenie

SRI Cleaning said:
Lester, On mine, that valve does control temp on all outlets.

There ya have it, it's a mixing valve that allows either hot water bleed off, or colder (maybe warm) water mixing.

G'head turn it down a bit and experiment, your panel gauges work right? It should tell you clearly if the ouput temp is lower or not.

lesterj2

so its like a temp. switch...

the hot water most circulate around the heat exchanger until the valve is opened back up...

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Well, What actually happens is this. The water comes out of the regulator and goes both to the heat exchanger and that valve. When the valve is closed, all the water goes through teh heat exchangers then to the front panel output. When the valve is open, the hot water still goes through the heat exchangers and out through the front. BUT! Cold water also goes to the front panel. So, when the engine is hot and the valve is open, you wont get cold water, you will get warm water. Because the hot and cold are mixing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom