Water Well. Is it necessary?

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
More so lately I have had the need to carry water for foreclosures. Like mentioned a couple plastic 50 gallon drums and an electric shurflo pump that shuts off when the pressure reaches 40psi. 90% of our jobs the water is within 40ft. I carry 100 feet of fresh water hose on the reel. (goodyear 1/2 rubber from harbor freight for $50) and when I need more I have a flat hose I can unroll that gives me another 50. I am glad I live in cali, I would hate cleaning in the snow

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
A couple of 55 gal barrels in your van? I sure don't have room for that. I can see the need nowadays for the foreclosed and rentals. But I never seem to have a problem.

Now as for Prattville Ala., do trailers have outside spigots??????? I can see Martys problem.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
lots of wells here too, so its nice to have my own, 225 max tank.
Water quality stays constant
Filling the tank doesn't take long
I've been in some places where I would need 100ft run of water hose to connect. Not to mention locating the faucet.

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
I have a chevy cutaway 14 ft. box truck so having a 225 gallon tank is no big deal.
Winter time around here sucks,so hooking up a hose would be apita.

Name
Eric Valentine
meAt said:
Eric Valentine said:
This happens mostly at condos that used to be apartments. Either there are NO water spigots on the buildings, the spigots have locks on them, the spigots are not functioning, or the only spigot is over 300' away on a maintenance shed/clubhouse.

Eric, go to Home Depot, Lowes, etc .
in the plumbing section where the faucet aerators are, you'll find a faucet adapter.
It has inside and outside threads and will fit 99.92% of res/apt/condo faucets
and 98.37% of com faucets.

about $4 is all it costs

..L.T.A.

I have one of those adapters, but some of these apartment complexes were designed by idiots. I have encountered a few that the apartment is over 200' from the nearest parking spot. All the more reason to carry a well formulated portable for those pain in the ass situations. (anyone have a good porty for sale?)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom