Wd-40 and your blower

I spray it often and use it to clean my machine. I agree liquid wrench is much better but i wouldnt use it on the blower. It my leave a residue behind that overtime can do damage.

The Wd-40 helps resist rust on the blower fins inside. I had a blower in a used machine i bought sieze. I removed the blower and soaked the fins inside, let it soak over night and it un siezed and worked fine after that.

Doing it after your last job is best and i cup my hand over the vacuam inlet untill i see white smoke from blower excaust.

MerCrewser

I worked for a company when I was young and we ran an 800A into the ground (#4 blower). We never used wd40 (except for maybe the first year when it was new) never changed the blower gear oil, and I cant remember anyone even greasing it. It had an inop pump out and overfilled out the blower often. I was young and very green and did not know anything about the maintanence on these. When the machine was about 10 yrs old, the waste tank was so corroded we couldnt fix the leaks anymore and it was constantly pulling foam into the blower and out all over customers' driveways. We ran it for a year this way until the unit got moved to a box truck and we used a WM pro 2000 waste tank. When the unit was finally retired, the blower still seemed to work fine. It had about 10,000 hours on it, and with some tlc (and a new waste tank) I wouldnt mind running it today, if I could find it. Meanwhile, my own 405 gets special treatment and never gets abused this way. My experience with blowers (and old Prochems) is that they're pretty robust!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom