WD Guys (and gals)...How To Estimate.....

R

R W

I had a request today to clean up 4 floors of an empty office building. A roof drain burst during the big thaw here in NE Ohio, and building owner wants ceiling tiles cleaned up, and CGD carpet extracted. The floor construction is concrete. The tiles will have to be bagged and walked down the stairs, since elevator isn't working. There is probably 3000 sf wet carpet and maybe 1/3 of the tiles are down. The building will probably be razed in the future, or completely rebuilt. The owner just wants to dry up and contain any future odors without restoring the structure. The managing landlord will place his fans to speed up drying, since there is no heat. I will probably also spray down a mildewcide of some type. What would be a ball park per square foot to bid this job? I will supply the bags, and landlord will supply the dumpster.

I've got help that is willing to run the stairs with the bags of tiles since he is training for an "Urban" race that includes 50 flights up and down a NYC building.

Any bid ideas??

Jay D

Name
Jay D
how old are those ceiling tiles? I don't know too much but could tiles be assbestus be possybull. Thats from a worry wort. Back to original thread, how much. sorry... :|

It's not worth a potential claim against my CPL, therefore I would run.

If you are going to do it (I don't advise it), have a waiver signed. As far as how to price it, just estimate your time and materials. Charge what you need to cover your expenses and make the profit you usually make.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
and have then put the dumpster next a window so you can chuck the bags out INSTEAD of tottin' them down stairwells
Make a sheet metal chute and won't need any bags

can't help with "by the book" pricing.

I'd estimate how many man hours to complete then multiply by our hourly rate

..L.T.A.

R

R W

No asbestos in tiles. Can't toss bags out the window....too busy of a sidewalk, and right by the Mayors office.I don't think they would approve of tossing with out a chute. I'll see if they will go for a $2-3000 "window, depending on time spent.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Time and material will be your best bet on this one.

A price guide won't be able to compensate for the fiddy floors or dragging bags down them.

Use a better bag, 6 mil won't tear as easy when dragged or dropped, but they do cost more.

RandyHilburn

Why would someone spend money on a builing that was going to be torn down? Taking this job doesn't sound like a good idea.

If they won't pay you 50% up-front money, I wouldn't do it. Give them a quote of $7,500. If they agree to your quote ... Run!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom