We have a challenge of suppliers

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I purchased close to the same products from 2 suppliers on the board and 1 has a big mouth and the other hardly says anything lets see which one wins on delivery. The loudmouth was 156 order and a $60+ shipping and the other was $165 and $48 shipping for pretty close to the same products. Lets see what we get

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
Is Harper a supplier now? :shock:

J/K Harpo. !gotcha!

NOPE....I am a DEALER... !gotcha!

This weeks special is ..."BLACK tar HerOiN"...."Free spoon if you order ....NOW"... :!: :!: :!:

Cameron1

Why you want to pick on suppliers?

Try this : order 100gals.of your favorite pre-spray and 1000.00 worth of misc. Products.

You will get the best price and service AND FREE SHIPPING.

How do yuu feel when you do a 156$ job...do bust ass and put up with a bunch of chit?

I don't think so.

Name
Bruce
Bundy said:
I purchased close to the same products from 2 suppliers on the board and 1 has a big mouth and the other hardly says anything lets see which one wins on delivery. The loudmouth was 156 order and a $60+ shipping and the other was $165 and $48 shipping for pretty close to the same products. Lets see what we get
Then are you going to make them post their yearly numbers and client reviews? :lol:

:shock:

:lol: 8)

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
steve said:
Why you want to pick on suppliers?

Try this : order 100gals.of your favorite pre-spray and 1000.00 worth of misc. Products.

You will get the best price and service AND FREE SHIPPING.

How do yuu feel when you do a 156$ job...do bust ass and put up with a bunch of chit?

I don't think so.

That's a good point Steve.
I had what I told my wife a bitches day today. I really did not look forward to these four jobs. The women always gripe about the price and the jobs are hard; big houses full of dirty white carpet, and priced $140 to 200 each. I busted my ass and did great work, as usual. I could live without the aggravation. Most of my custys are nice and don't give me crap, but some days...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bruce Humphrey said:
Bundy said:
Then are you going to make them post their yearly numbers and client reviews? :lol:

:shock:

:lol: 8)

:lol:
Bout fell out of me chair

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Bundy said:
You didn't place an order with me.... :p

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I sure am glad our damn customers don't have a message board to crucify us like you guys crucify suppliers. some of you guys are brutal

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
idreadnought said:
I sure am glad our damn customers don't have a message board to crucify us like you guys crucify suppliers. some of you guys are brutal

Who said there wasn't a place for our customers to "crucify" us??

I spent about 8 seconds on google searching: this was the first that came up http://www.complaintsboard.com/complain ... 13135.html

There are a ton of complaint sites where "our" customers voice their issues.

And of course you have your normal chemdry bs out there to complain about other carpet cleaners. It is another crapload from an overzealous chemwho hack.. https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=201485457467 the second paragraph is where the juice is..

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
You didn't place an order with me....

I would have John but it wouldn't have been fair, you are quite a distance away.

I dreadnought it isn't crucifying anyone to see what delivery times are for 1/3 the price of the products. I don't pregrudge anyone making any money and I hope they have excellent delivery times because like I have said over and over I am trying to pick a prespray and rinse combo company wide so delivery times are important. Maybe you would worry about what your customers would say publicly, I AM NOT

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Bundy said:
You didn't place an order with me....

I would have John but it wouldn't have been fair, you are quite a distance away.

I dreadnought it isn't crucifying anyone to see what delivery times are for 1/3 the price of the products. I don't pregrudge anyone making any money and I hope they have excellent delivery times because like I have said over and over I am trying to pick a prespray and rinse combo company wide so delivery times are important. Maybe you would worry about what your customers would say publicly, I AM NOT

As Steve said buying more will save in shipping, and adding small things like hose hooks and valves don't add much if anything to your shipping charges.

But for example, GENERALLY a gallon of chem is going to weigh about 9lbs. To ship 1 gallon of chem to me from Utah would take 3 days, and cost me nearly 13 bucks. To ship a case would still take 3 days, and I'd pay about 38 in shipping. Clearly it pays to buy in bulk.

Odd shaped boxes for wands, groomers, ect cost more to ship as well. Its actually quite ridiculous what UPS charges.

I just calculated the shipping for a few things for me personally from Olson. Again 1 gallon of chem = $13, 4 gallons = $38(9.50/g) 16 gallons = $102(8.50/g). 16 gallons of Max Pak from John would run me about $509 bucks(w/o shipping). Since the order is over $250 my shipping goes from $102 to $51, you get a 50% shipping discount. The shipping charge would only account for 9% of the total purchase including shipping.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Who cares? Just buy the damn solution and make money with it.

Good God Girdy!

If your going to lose a few inches because your ass clinches up over shipping costs, yer in the wrong business.

Get a job.

Name
I'm Rick James
Maybe you should of took the 2.5 MILLION dollars that unknown person offered you for your company.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
you don't understand the offer brent if you would like details I would be more than happy to give them to you along with the name and business of the guy. Just give me a call

Brian it ain't about the money, it is about products and time it takes to get them. This challenge has become obsolete because I am going to take Steve Camerons advice once I choose a new prespray. no one has complained about the price of shipping

Name
I'm Rick James
Bundy said:
you don't understand the offer brent if you would like details I would be more than happy to give them to you along with the name and business of the guy. Just give me a call

Not to be an asshole, but I really dont care.. just giving you a hard time.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bundy said:

Brian it ain't about the money, it is about products and time it takes to get them. This challenge has become obsolete because I am going to take Steve Camerons advice once I choose a new prespray

Ok, fair enough.
Then make sure you order ahead of time and know what you want before you buy it.

Business is about being problem solver more times that not. A good business man takes steps to eliminate those problems before they become a problem.

Bob Foster

I have to ship in larger quantities. Shipping kills me. Even with the high cost of shipping I usually still can save over the local crooks.

I had a 50' of 2.5 hose sent up to me and the freight cost more than the hose. If I order a case of juice only the freight is more than the juice. I beat it by getting together with Ron Werner and we buy a pallet at a time.

Soon as this crap hits the border the tax and brokerage fees nail us. UPS just screws us on brokerage fees however USPS doesn't.

Poor bastards in Australia and New Zealand. But Jim Bethel at Powerclean Australia treats people right but stuff in our industry over there is in many cases over double what we pay. The freight and huge import taxes kill them.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
If you're buying 100 gallons of prespray the lead time should be irrellavant after the first order as long as you can remember to re-order once you hit a pre-determined level of stock. Try some of Duane's Powdered Clean Streak & Rinse while you're at it. Its good stuff.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Arent you amazed this place still has its lights on Boob? The loss of you has killed this board. Tired of hanging out with your Low Life friends over on the cleaneers netwORk? LMFAO!!! They always come back. LOL.

Golden Boy

Bob Foster

First of all, Waldo yes I am amazed.
Second, most of those other guys aren't low lifes
Third, I came back because in spite of this place being a three ring circus I miss my friends and want to hang out with them and watch the freak shows.

Fourth, GFY.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Bob Foster said:
First of all, Waldo yes I am amazed.
Second, most of those other guys aren't low lifes
Third, I came back because in spite of this place being a three ring circus I miss my friends and want to hang out with them and watch the freak shows.

Fourth, GFY.
yor top 25 ranking jus fell a lot!

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I actually get great rates for shipping. Main reason why is because I buy a lot at a time. Two reasons, first I don't like to take the time and order crap and second I get price breaks on both product and shipping. If you 1,000 dollars worth of stuff every time you order they will take better care of you.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Idreadnought that is the route I am going but I wanted to choose a product for the coming year for all trucks and was testing who will get it here fastest, it isn't about cost. I wanted Judson O2 to try again but $40 a gallon plus shipping seemed high but I haven't ordered product for sometime because I was buying in bulk but am looking to test and switch.

I know the drum of powermax I was going to buy a year ago was a huge shipping charge

Becker

Name
Becker
Not about price but about how quick you can get the order.

Wow what a business plan or lack of organization.

Running a successful multi truck operation has to do with having great systems in place.

If you are cleaning as you say 45 jobs a week and work out of a warehouse then you should always have more than enough of your core products on hand and be restocking the shelves in the ware house long before you get low. So and extra day or 2 in shipping would be the least of the concerns.

All that said. A one time order from 2 different suppliers won't prove shit. Other than one won the race for that order.
You'd have order 8 tp 10 times to evaluate consistency.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
yes they are supposed to be more organized and I am working on that but we did suffer some serious cash flow issues this past february and need to run things down sometime.. I don't want to take any of my personal money into the business and I did not stock away enough cash this past winter and had some unexpected expenses

S

sam miller

Ya I run a single truck! but still will drive 50 miles to get chems. usually stock 1 to 2 months worth buy in bulk get a case discount.

My Dad was a chemspec distributor until he stopped stocking chems. I was the last guy getting chems at wholesale from them and they killed the account!

Janitorial supply store sells.

Liquid 90 $27.00 per ga enzall $22.00 per 6 lb jar hard to beat those prices thats if you buy it by the case. no shipping charges.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom