We have an opportunity to bid 36k concrete

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I'm really curious as to the final call on this. To be fair (only from the pics posted), I would just have my own people do the job, if I was the one making the call and based on the potential cost. After all, it's a factory not a home.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
interesting???

the only problem i have with sealing it....

you really should have it ....whats the word i am looking for??? not band new, but close....and even if they done care about the lines, it becomes a weak point..

did it still feel smooth after???

unless I am missing some thing...it will take a ton of sealer, and will be a bitch to put on...drag of the mop/applicator

unless its urethane you are just squeegeeing on....then refer back up to my prior comment about having it prepped....

A good cleaning really should be all they need/want..

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
3 various bids submitted. Encouraged them to just go with a good cleaning. Just submitted it Tue am, if I Don't get a response by Friday am I will follow up.

I shared with him that we were professional carpet, tile & grout, upholstery cleaners with a fair amount of experience cleaning concrete pads at restaurants and such but that we were not experienced in this type of work. I feel honesty is the best.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Usually the sealer that is called for in these warehouses is a densifier. It's not really a repellant but it hardens the concrete. A lithium densifier is super easy to put down (spray, spread with a mop to prevent puddles and that's pretty much it. Like an impregnator if it gets soaked up immediately you would need to put more on. Also a nice thing is that you can burnish with a propane burnisher to bring the gloss up some.

Concrete polishing

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yea but albert.....

if it already has "something" on there from when it was put in.....ashford, etc...

then the densifier wont penetrate....

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Ok DOUG COX, followed up with the guy to see if he had any questions on my estimate or questions in general. He said no, but thanks for the time you took to demo some different methods and such, and even though your bid came in the best it is not within our budget to have that done. So I was thinking Steve T. the whole time and ask well what is in your budget and maybe we can work something out to match that? He said I think I'm going to rent an auto scrubber and just pay one of my guys to do it. (So u hit it on the head Mr. Cox)

I want to take the time to thank Matt & Doug (floor guy) for all your help while dealing with this, it really was a educational experience!

so when I got off the phone with him I called the guy in charge of the large carpet job we did 2 years ago and I will have the offer coming to bid on that job. I feel better doing what I know best. But, I did land that window cleaning job 2 years ago that has grossed us over 12k so I still am not going to turn my back on any good opportunities.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yea, unless it was going to be a "clean room" type warehouse, they werent going to pay a ton for it

36k is still a lot of chems to use period...and labor...would need to be in the min $3500 range, and thats just a basic clean, no heeling stuff.....maybe just autoscrubbering it over the course of 2 or 3 days..(running it over multiple times)

as it goes up would add things like a cimex or 175 or the like....

sealer....that one I knew would be aaaaaaa NO....

but we all like to hope we run into that 1 who is going to do it and pay it the right way...

had that on a custy who i know has money and wanted a travertine job done.....in the end....aaaaaa NO

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom