Wearing Gloves Cleaning Carpet

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
I do also, I am wanting to know if there is a kind that offers better protection than what i am using.
I am using cheap Nitrile coated work glove.

Name
Jeff T
Touch-n-tuff are probably one of the best. Still relatively cheap, but don’t tear while working... 2B9B400D-3BC2-416D-8C8B-BB44AA5AB9A8.png

sassyotto

Name
Paul
man, my hands would sweat and the glove would be almost impossible to take off. thats all I need. ugh

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I don't because of the sweat on rubber or work gloves. I tried it and I hated it. So I have manhands because of it. Quit being a pansy baby duck Andy and make some man hands. Or better yet, quit using the powder presprays and you won't have to dry out the skin on your hands when you go to scoop out that 12-13ph powder.

Another reason I don't screw with powder presprays any more.

• Haha
Reactions: Nomad74

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
I don't because of the sweat on rubber or work gloves. I tried it and I hated it. So I have manhands because of it. Quit being a pansy baby duck Andy and make some man hands. Or better yet, quit using the powder presprays and you won't have to dry out the skin on your hands when you go to scoop out that 12-13ph powder.

Another reason I don't screw with powder presprays any more.
Idiotic moron

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
You should see how much I harass saiger, trying to get him to make me a good chemical prespray. I’m currently adding his eucalyptus mint to harvards grime release.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I don't wear them for normal carpet cleaning but I wear them when using solvent sealers/protectors and for cleaning upholstery and mattresses. I also use them if I'm using an acid for tile cleaning.

These are the ones I like.

Amazon product

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
In theory, we all should wear gloves and respirators. Just not always practical. I've tried wearing gloves but just sweat too much. I did burn my hands once, about 35 years ago using my hands instead of a scoop. Zep powder product. Took the skin right off. Washing your hands more often helps. My helpers usually wear gloves as they handle the hoses. You want to look for safer products for your day to day cleaning and only bring out the nuclear stuff when you absolutely need it.

scotty747

Gloves that absorb water absorb hot water even quicker. Forgot to cool down my fire breather after pressure washing and got hot steam shooting straight out. Its a lot harder to get a hot scalding glove off than I thought. lost some skin on that one.

Reactions: Cleanworks

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
In what you could save by using powders would allow you to go back to night school to get your 3rd grade diploma..
3ounces per gallon (powder) vs 4ounces per gallon (liquid). OH, I'm saving so much money:oldrolleyes::oldrolleyes:.

While you're waiting for your tm to heat up the water to mix your powder, I already have all the carpet sprayed.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm not cheap on using a good product. Anyone that advertises 1 ounce per gallon is full of it coughjudsoncough

I always just compared the weight of the 6lb powder jug vs the weight of a gallon of liquid being close to the same

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I'm not cheap on using a good product. Anyone that advertises 1 ounce per gallon is full of it coughjudsoncough

I always just compared the weight of the 6lb powder jug vs the weight of a gallon of liquid being close to the same
Slop and Gobble is pretty good. But thats a powder with good dilution. I like how its pounded into the jug.

Mikey P

Administrator

I've been adding 8 ounces ( that's 1 cup btw) to my 8 to 1 HF for years..

I use soft water, dwell time and agitation as needed, so what makes you so special?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Maybe soft water was the difference, because 8oz never worked for me. 12-16oz was my best results for all the powders

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I have a rubber glove phobia
Goes back to the first time in the doctor's office.
Not knowing about these things I recieved the SHOCK of my life when the doctor snapped on that rubber glove. And told me to bend over.

I quickly learned that the next time he tried to sneak up on me with that..........glove...................I said, " Doc why don't you give me a rubber glove so I can have my turn on.....you"

That ended all conversations about that.

So now he waits when he draws blood and sees me pass out because I have a needle phobia.

RAT BASTARD!

BUT I LOVE HIM!

OR DO........I?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom