Web site 95% complete.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The website is well done. Professional.

I still think it's too dark and the fonts and front page pics are way too big.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
You really need to get some better "fun" activities. I know how entertaining the busn and marketing and the board can be, but it does sound a little odd when I read it.

I like your site layout.

The size can actually work in your favour, it forces people to scroll down. Some sites look like they end and there isn't any indication to scroll down for more info.
The big font size will be good for elderly people.

Ron Werner said:
You really need to get some better "fun" activities. I know how entertaining the busn and marketing and the board can be, but it does sound a little odd when I read it.

I like your site layout.

The size can actually work in your favour, it forces people to scroll down. Some sites look like they end and there isn't any indication to scroll down for more info.

Just wanting feed back now that the whole site is up. Oh, I do other activities other then the board. I will be drag racing tonight and family just got back from Disneyworld a couple weeks ago. I see you have more post then me :)

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
My previous sugestions still stand.

The whole pourpose of a web site is to promote the veiwer to take action that will lead to a sale. The actions can vary from ,send me a free report, call me, see how we will solve a problem, e-mail for free quote, reserve an appointment on line.

A pretty mountian dominating your top of first page doesn't do any of the above.

You have a fraction of a second to make your point before the wiewer clicks through. A large number of veiwers will not scroll.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Mountain View Carpet Care said:
[quote="Ron Werner":2lkrol5x]You really need to get some better "fun" activities. I know how entertaining the busn and marketing and the board can be, but it does sound a little odd when I read it.

I like your site layout.

Just wanting feed back now that the whole site is up. Oh, I do other activities other then the board. I will be drag racing tonight and family just got back from Disneyworld a couple weeks ago. I see you have more post then me :)[/quote:2lkrol5x]

How do you think I "know"

Dave Yoakum said:
My previous sugestions still stand.

The whole pourpose of a web site is to promote the veiwer to take action that will lead to a sale. The actions can vary from ,send me a free report, call me, see how we will solve a problem, e-mail for free quote, reserve an appointment on line.

A pretty mountian dominating your top of first page doesn't do any of the above.

You have a fraction of a second to make your point before the wiewer clicks through. A large number of veiwers will not scroll.

Just had my first call off the new site, And the guy wanted a bid and I booked the job at $525 and I asked how he heared about me and he said from the site. Said it was the only one that looked professional. He was worried about having some shady guy in there casing the place. Got to love it when a plan works!!

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Is it necessary to talk about your big TM and have a picture of it as well in several pages? I find that many cleaner sites have this, and the home owner or place of business does not care what your TM is nor do they want to look at it. Maybe a guy with a Viper GTS or a 10 sec drag car might think it's cool but not the soccer mom with 3 kids running late to the hair salon.

Just my opinion, i think that space could suit you better.

Other than that and as Dave mentioned the overall looks professional.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Mountain View Carpet Care said:
[quote="Dave Yoakum":3n6pqdsd]My previous sugestions still stand.

Just had my first call off the new site, And the guy wanted a bid and I booked the job at $525 and I asked how he heared about me and he said from the site. Said it was the only one that looked professional. He was worried about having some shady guy in there casing the place. Got to love it when a plan works!![/quote:3n6pqdsd]

Its starting to pay for itself already

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Site looks good. It's taking to long to load though and it would be nice if it fit in the screeen without scrolling . But

WTF do we know about what a good web site should be :lol:

Albert

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
A website is more than just an ad, it's your store front.
It's important to make it attactive to your potential customer.

We are just trying to figure out what works and every opinion will help...even a little.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Brian Robison said:

We are just trying to figure out what works and every opinion will help...even a little.

Well in my opinion your little commercial would've been better if you were wearing a uniform instead of that monkey suit you had on. Looked like you were dressed for a funeral or somthing. :wink:

everfresh1 said:
Brian Robison said:

Well in my opinion your little commercial would've been better if you were wearing a uniform instead of that monkey suit you had on. Looked like you were dressed for a funeral or somthing. :wink:

That ad was published in Aug of last year. 35 calls the first day alone and I'm still getting calls now and again. Cost $0. The uniform is here to stay :D

Jamie tell me it ain't so.
aff_1.jpg
:D

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
everfresh1 said:
Brian Robison said:

I keep hearing that from carpet cleaners but my customers have raved about it.
Why would I where a uniform? I am not a Tech, I am an owner.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Brian Robison said:
everfresh1 said:
[quote="Brian Robison":1fx02my6]A website is more than just an ad, it's your store front.

I keep hearing that from carpet cleaners but my customers have raved about it.
Why would I where a uniform? I am not a Tech, I am an owner.[/quote:1fx02my6]

:roll: So it makes you look like less of a owner if you wear your co. uniform? Do you go out and give estimates in your suit? If somebody came out to my buisness to give me an estimate for carpet cleaning in a suit I'd personally think that was a little strange.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I did sometimes. Depended on the day.
As of now, I don't do the estimates either.
I wear the suit to networking meetings or events when ever I am able to attend.
I don't understand why it is such a big deal to some.

I wore the suit in the video mainly to relay that I wouldn't be the guy coming out to their home to clean. I would be the guy making sure that they are taken care of in the customer service part of it.

I do it at the networking events for the same reason.
They will view me as a business owner. I dont do it for the ego...I could care less...I do it for the image...and that's what it's all about.

aqualux

Nice site!

The only thing i think you may run into in the future is Search Engine Optimization issues... since most of the content is laid out by graphics... either use alt tags or placing as much text as you can for search engines to find your site.

BlinkClean

Ok, I have one thing to say....................change that background!
I had a black background and it made a world of difference when I switched it.....And you have some open tags that you need to close in the code....and you also have no alternate description for any of your images. What did you use?

http://www.blinkclean.com/

i think the guys here have some excellent ideas you should listen to.

the constructive ideas, not the snarky ones.

optimize and sanitize and load the key words first, all that good stuff.

my thought it this

Joe polish's tag line, "or it's free "is so overused it has no bite anymore.

there is a guy out here in chicago who says, you get blah blah blah or I'll find you a new cleaner and pay you $50.00

does any chuckle head in the world believe someone is so altruistic they are gonna clean for free then pay them $50.00?

is that the client you want?

I think it was steve marsh who said people who want an unbelievable air tight promise of absolute 100% pleased results are not living in the real world.

who but Jesus Christ give you 100% satisfaction or your sins back.

glad you got your site up.

hope you are well,

your pal,

frankie chocolate

visit my blog, "the carpet cleaner's crocodile."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom