Web Site Devlopment

B

Bill G. Martin

Any one out there roll out their own site by buying one of those canned programs at Office Depot or Office Max? If so your results.

Anyone using word press for a website other than a blog? If so how do you like that approach?

My frustrations are that once you hire someone to devlop a site, then any changes have to go thru them....very frustrating.

Bill in Central Florida

rick imby

Name
Rick
Kinda like having to pay a carpet cleaner every time they want their carpet cleaned. Well you cleaned it once and now it is a year later will you do it for free? Can't I just buy a carpet cleaner from Walmart and do it myself? I have heard Bissel makes a really powerful unit.

If you want a professional job? Are you going to do it yourself?

Bill G. Martin said:
Any one out there roll out their own site by buying one of those canned programs at Office Depot or Office Max? If so your results.

Anyone using word press for a website other than a blog? If so how do you like that approach?

We do not recommend using those "canned programs" to create a business website.

You can try WordPress for FREE to set up a carpet cleaning business website and / or blog and see if its for you before you make any decision.

Thousands of people are using WordPress as the foundation for a website whether or not they use the blog feature.
WordPress is a good platform for a DIY website because you dont necessarily have to know how to code. You don't need any web editing software like Dreamweaver all you need is a web host that supports PHP and MYSQL

Bill G. Martin said:
My frustrations are that once you hire someone to devlop a site, then any changes have to go thru them....very frustrating.
Depends on the website designer you choose, the package you choose, the foundation the site is built on, and your skill level.

Andrechelle.com includes updates with most carpet cleaning business website packages and WordPress website packages.
When built on a WordPress foundation most people find they can update the website easily. If a standard HTML website, you would want a HTML editor (like Dreamweaver) to update your website (although Andrechelle does offer a FREE (WYSIWYG) HTML website editor in the Control Panel of every account).

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Website designers are a dime a dozen. I get calls every week from them offering to build a site for nothing and hosting fees from $39 to $59 a month.

Alot of the packages come with free software that you can edit your site with as much as you want. Some will do some submission and optimizitation along with the hosting. They work way too cheap for me to want to it myself.

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
You'd be better off purchasing a web design program from Godaddy.com like website tonight than buying web design software from a store. I used to have a Godaddy website, it was very inexpensive and simple to maintain myself.

Pay a real developer to build a good site, and get it ranked in the engines, you can get content manager, so it is easy to update...

Hit me up if you want help, it the will be more expensive that #s that you are hearing here, but it will do its job, and generate business!!

Carpet Cleaning Austin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom