Website pictures

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
So as I am trying to wrap my head around this website thing....

how many of you, use your own pictures??

I have looked at a few, and, really.....they looked staged instead of your owndamnself

just wondering

Name
I'm Rick James
floorguy said:

I have looked at a few, and, really.....they looked staged instead of your owndamnself

just wondering

I try to use all my own pictures, the website builder I go through have a ton of pics for me to choose from. I have noticed there are common pics out there that companies use. You can google carpet cleaning and hit the image button to see the most commonly used.

What website builder you using?

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
For the main pictures I would take your own. There are only so many good ones on Istockphoto and you really don't want look generic. Good pictures really aren't that much work. Some services like carpet repairs, I just used stock photos for.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Nero said:
floorguy said:

just wondering

I try to use all my own pictures, the website builder I go through have a ton of pics for me to choose from. I have noticed there are common pics out there that companies use. You can google carpet cleaning and hit the image button to see the most commonly used.

What website builder you using?

I dont have one yet.....but as dread said...when i get to that point, i dont want to look generic....and really...thats what i see Ivebeensold Ivebeensold Ivebeensold

Name
I'm Rick James

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We once bought a "stock" photo of a nice living room to use in a brochure. Turned out the photographer sold the photo and never got permission from the homeowner. The living room happened to belong to a customer of ours, and we were fortunate to keep the customer and dump a lot of brochures in the recycle bin. (A friend in the biz used pictures from a home without permission and lost the customer.) I doubt this happens much with stock photo firms, but since we no longer use any stock photos we're careful about how and when pictures are taken. Permission in writing is critical if you take pictures for use in public that can be identified with anyone's building or belongings.

If you go for stock, just avoid using the pics of guys in short sleeve shirts and ties. 8)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Nero said:
Ok, check it out. I have Intuit which is probably the most user friendly DIY program. This company is quickbooks compatible and they also offer CC service. Its $5 bucks a month with a huge gallery of pics. The templets are ok, but you can shape it to your liking.

http://websitebuilder.intuit.com/get-a- ... hannel=ppc

http://www.nwgogreenservices.com/index.html

Here is my site if you wanna check it out. Its a good starter site.

Yahoo is another super easy program to use.

But if you have some time....learn wordpress

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
I used stock photos to start but iam slowly replacing them with my own photos as i get good ones.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom