Website

Tahoesteve

Time to get my business on the web.

I traded out some carpet cleaning for website design and hosting. I need some ideas for content to give to the designer. I am thinking I would like it to be more of a client orientated, benefit and info based site rather than a "this is how great my business is" site.

Any advise, ideas and links would be greatly appreciated.

Take Care,
Steve

Tahoesteve

Hey Chris,

I was hoping to get up there soon...maybe ride a half day with Jimbo then come see you. I will let you know.

DevilDog

Probably the best overall carpet cleaning website I have seen.

Well laid out.

Simple yet thorough.

Easy to navigate.

Lots of information without overwhelming you.

Looks terrific.

Most carpet cleaning websites are a disgrace. Poorly thought out. Not appealing and not even close to being able to sell yourself to a client.

This is the site of Mike Toombs:

Sunrisecleaning.com

DevilDog

Tahoesteve

Thanks Dog

This is almost exactly what I had envisioned. Lots of good info...not pushy or arrogant. Good guarantee. Good advise for the homeowner.

Home page may be just a little too busy for me though. Probably cause I don't do all those services yet.

Thanks,
Steve

DevilDog

Well with the way your site looks, it certainly does look like they CAN be beat.

Cheapskate, and it shows.

DevilDog

DevilDog

In the works young man...because I want it to actually represent some professionalism.

Not the crap you have.

DevilDog

Tahoesteve

Steven...I like your site..I will be borrowing some ideas...if that's OK

ODIN...when I was browsing through profiles and I clicked on your web site...well DAMN!! Sweet! Yeah...damn sweet but not appropriate for a carpet cleaning website. Better check ur profile website link.

Tahoesteve

I would think that after 3 years you would be considered a semi veteran

Where exactly is Maumee OH? My ex is from Crestline...nice place to visit... for golf

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
It's not just about a pretty website. It's about how it ranks in natural searches. Whatever you do once the site is up get into a carpet cleaners directory such as the one John Braun has going. There's about 50 carpet cleaners there and it helps with rankings. John does web optimizing services as well.

Adrechelle seems to have their own and is one of the reasons T's site ranks high. Not to mention they know how to write content with the right keywords further upping page ranking.

Albert

Scott Hayward

Todd (AKA Devil Dog),

Just when I was wondering if you were in a Philippino jail...you are back! You still seem angry...lashing out at peoples' websites when you don't even have one of your own. Vacation must have gone bad or perhaps you never went on vacation. Were the Philippino ladies nicer than the local Vancouver/Portland selection?

Scott

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
We don't get a great response off our website but we did get one 7K job so I figure it paid for itself for the next 10 years of so.

Tahoesteve

So... T...how is the cruise thing going?

Gary, I always spend too much time at your site reading all the jokes!

DevilDog

Hmmmmm. Baldy, can you point out where I called Gary a hack?

I guess that is why Gary has helped me on jobs this year.

Of course the truth and Brevik don't go hand in hand.

I am just saying about his website what many others I have talked to have said.

SHIT. That is what it is.

Take a look at his....then take a look at Mike Toombs site.

See the difference?

DevilDog

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
If you're looking for website ideas, just keep browsing all the cleaner's sites, there is something to take/borrow :D from each one.

Mine needs an overhaul but even so, I still get calls from it.

The things to work on is what words do you want a search to bring your site up with, ie "carpet cleaning victoria" is where I want to come up and I need to change some things to make that happen. However, carpet cleaning sooke, I'm right there.
Also, make sure your site works for all browsers, esp the older versions of each one. some things work in IE7 but not IE6, and it might work in IE7 but not Firefox or Safari. Not everyone is up to date.

Tahoesteve

Hey Ron,

I was doing just that...going down the list in profiles.....getting some good ideas. Till I got a little sidetracked at ODIN's site.

I agree with the keywords advise. I like Yahoo's keyword tool. You can type in any keyword or words and see how many searches for that from the previous months. My target, "Carpet Cleaners South Lake Tahoe" got 700 searches last month and was averaging over 1200 per month all summer. My goal is to get 2% of that in jobs. 54% of the homeowners in my town live somewhere else. That is the market I will be targeting with my web presence.

Name
Bruce
Tahoesteve said:
Hey Ron,

I was doing just that...going down the list in profiles.....getting some good ideas. Till I got a little sidetracked at ODIN's site.

I agree with the keywords advise. I like Yahoo's keyword tool. You can type in any keyword or words and see how many searches for that from the previous months. My target, "Carpet Cleaners South Lake Tahoe" got 700 searches last month and was averaging over 1200 per month all summer. My goal is to get 2% of that in jobs. 54% of the homeowners in my town live somewhere else. That is the market I will be targeting with my web presence.
Where can I find this "Key word tool" on Yahoo?

Not sure why Toad has decided to attack Andrechelle's designs, but I can tell you this, RESULTS are what is most important. The "look" is subjective, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. (Our carpet cleaning company website is several years old (ancient) and in dire need of an update, but it gets us a few calls a day and positive comments from our cleaning clients almost daily.)

Andrechelle's clients (who follow what she recommends) are extremely happy with the RESULTS they achieve.

The FACT is that http://sunrisecleaning.com/ DOES NOT rank as well in ANY of the search engines as Andrechelle's websites. That is fine if the website is only being used for existing clients or relies on other marketing to drive new prospects to the site (newspaper, tv or radio ads). Otherwise, its a wasted effort, only to be enjoyed by a few other professional cleaners (and Toad).

Rankings as of today 11-30-2007 for http://sunrisecleaning.com/
Google #34
Yahoo #16
MSN #10
AOL none
Alta Vista #22

If you have any questions about search engine ranking, search engine optimization or DOMINATING the search engines, contact Andrechelle or I anytime.

-JB-

Name
JB
It's called a fiber re-alignment guide you hack! Get it right!

Oh wait, he's Kanadian, so let's make that a fibre re-alignment guide...you le-hack!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom