Weight machine vs Polypro berber Help!

Name
steve snail
Customer had her cleaning gal drag an exercise machine across said carpet. Black mark across the carpet. Used my Orbot w/white pad to scrub in pre-spray & Orange gel, followed by steam cleaning. Black line still very much in evidence(a little better though) . Thinking the carpet has been melted by the weight and friction of moving the machine. Was wondering...what is the most aggressive pad (color) one can use without shredding the carpet? Chems? Would the 175 rotary be more aggressive than an Orbot in this situation? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Steve

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I would try a solvent with a towel and do it by hand.

Infact I would use WD-40 then rinse.

And if that doesn't work inform them that it's a friction burn.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
If its rubber foot legs and not metal you have a chance. Heavy metal dragged, Burnt Bud, you got it right. low melting point with heavy objects that are dragged on it.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Most any PIG or VDS should do it if it's coming out. If there is a tinge that doesn't want to transfer, Spot & Boost from Vacaway may help.

Name
steve snail
Told the homeowner it was probably burnt earlier today. Also told her that some of the best in our industry are on the internet and I would throw it out there. Thanks for all the reply's. Will probably give it one more shot using dry solvent, just to be damn sure I did all I could.

You guys rock!

Back
Top Bottom