Welcome back Dee Dee and Taf Baig!

Mikey P

Administrator
Owner of Magic Wand Supply

http://www.magicwandcompany.com/

Taf and his wife Dee Dee are a owner operator supply house much like Olson and Cobbs, based out of Reno Nevada and Chicago Il
They have been big supporters of past Mikefests and are eager to be supportive members here once again.

I have a few questions for Taf, feel free to ask your own.

- is Oxy Blaster your best selling item?
-have their been offers to private label it?
-how are the Lionmounts selling and holding up?
-tell us about your greenpak system (not sure if I got the name right but you know what I mean)
-can people put in a request here to get on your catalog mailing list?
-what has been your best selling wand over time?
- do you have a prespray that is designed to be rinsed with water, has no or low odor and is a powder and how much for a pail?
-if you could do any sort of presentation at next year's mikefest what would it be?

Chris A

Name
Chris
Re: Welcome back Taf Baig!

I can only speak for oxyblaster, that's some great stuff. I should get around to trying some of their other stuff.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland

They sure have a great catalog. There is actually plenty of information about the products so there are not so many questions left in my head regarding them. Colorful too. Seems to know how to market product to us cleaners, which I appreciate. That said, I have not ordered much, but am often tempted while reading their catalog.

dgargan

I have always liked them since the first time I met them at winterfest in Fla about 8 years ago or so. Dee Dee is so nice and Taf knows this business. I feel bad that I haven't ordered from them in awhile. ( I bought out a company that had cases and cases of stuff from Magic Wand including (4) 5 gal. buckets of prespray and I just haven't gone through it yet.)

David

Becker

Name
Becker
I'm not sure what the drama was.. But I Taf has always been a great guy IMO.
His wife Dee Dee is a sweetie!

I hope he contributes here regularly again.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Even though i find their catalog to be a cluttered mess, they seem to have a nice selection, and I am eager to try some of their products.
Welcome aboard Taf.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I met Dee Dee and she's a very sweet person...she sampled me their chemicals but they're weren't for me, I don't know Taft...I don't know why they couldn't get CTI products in Reno...they have a boat in their open space...and I got charged over $75 for a 5 min quick cut/swedge on a blown hose...call me biased but the Hagen's at Sierra Cleaning Supply in Reno/Sparks are a good/reliable outfit

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
We haven't met...but welcome....of course my short term memory isn't what it used to be....or at least I don't think it is. Ivebeensold

deedeebaig

Hi Everyone!
This is Dee Dee answering today! I know some of you and don't know a lot of you... but I'll do my best to try to get you all to call me or email me!
Thanks Mikey for the great questions... I hope I do them justice!

- is Oxy Blaster your best selling item?
Actually Grease Eater, carpet cleaning prespray is our best selling product.
I would say Oxy-Blaster has a really big audience, but it lasts so long due to the concentration that our customers don’t have to buy it as often. The great thing about Oxy-Blaster too is that it is the most effective Tile and Grout Pre-spray...but it is also an excellent Oxygen Booster for carpet cleaning.
Grease Eater has become our best seller as far as quantity and daily sales. This natural enzyme pre-spray is boosted with Citrus and double the Oxygen (to remove organic stains like coffee and urine from your pre-spray alone) and it is amazing on commercial and trashed out residential carpets. If you haven’t tried it, call me (877-926-3748) or email me and I will give you 30% off your first pail with 60 day money back guarantee.

-have their been offers to private label it?
There have been a few people who have asked about private labeling, but we don’t have a need to do that right now. Dr. Aziz, the inventor, has commited to never duplicate or disclose the formula to anyone. I know everyone has tried to copy it, but theirs just don’t work the same.
Plus, we have two locations, so no matter where you live you get it quick.
We are selling a lot of Oxy-blaster through affiliates, for example their is a tile and grout cleaner in a big city who has an affiliate link on his website. He does classes teaching people how to clean tile and grout and when they order they go to his website and he get’s a cut. If you want to become an affiliate, call me and I’ll tell you what it is and how it works. You can also learn more about affiliate marketing here or here in more detail.

-how are the Lionmounts selling and holding up?
That’s funny Mikey. The Beast Truckmounts have been a great success. They are holding up amazingly well and are reliable, strong truckmounts. Now the economy has really slowed down the number of sales - financing has been a real problem and we have seen at least 7 sales fall through when the carpet cleaner just could not find financing. If we were only a machine manufacturer, we would have never made it through the recession. We still sell a lot more chemicals and supplies than we do truck-mounts. Thanks to good products and loyal customers.

-tell us about your greenpak system (not sure if I got the name right but you know what I mean)
Close enough. The green packs are a huge success for us. The best way to describe it is, you know the little detergent balls you put in your dishwasher that disintegrate in water? We now offer most of our powder chemicals in those detergent balls. So you drop 1 Oxy-blaster “green pack” in a gallon of water and you are ready to go. No mixing. No spilling. No employees using more then they need to. Saves time and waste. You can get Oxy-Blaster, Grease Eater, Nitro, Atomic, Powdered Power, Fresh Clean, OSR, and Citrapure Powdered in the Green pack. You can see a video on how they work, carpet cleaning chemicals.

-can people put in a request here to get on your catalog mailing list?
Yes! You can contact me on the board here, or you can call me (877-926-3748) or email me. Just make sure you give me your Company name, Your Name, address, phone number and email address if possible!
Here is a sign up form and once you fill it out, I’ll email you a coupon and a link to Advanced Spot and Stain DVD video.

-what has been your best selling wand over time?
The Big Boy 2” is our best selling carpet cleaning wand. Over the years there have been some changes... but both the Big Boy original and the new one with the removable stainless steel rounded glides are currently the big sellers. It simply is a word of mouth wand (what I mean is that the people who own them refer new customers to us). You’ll hardly see us advertising it.
Recently PMF’s titanium wand has been selling really well the last quarter. Have you seen that one yet? It’s well designed and way more affordable than the others available.

- do you have a prespray that is designed to be rinsed with water, has no or low odor and is a powder and how much for a pail?
Magic Potion is our best selling carpet cleaning detergent. Magic Potion was our first product and it has stood the test of time with no changes. It is 100% soap free... so it leaves no residue and yet it has surfactants and cleans just about anything. There is a very very faint citrus fragrance. You can get a 25 lb pail for $113.67.
We are also working on a new age micro surfactant that is powder. The molecules are so small that it readily gets dissolved in even hard water. The cool thing about it is that once in water it helps you clean, but does not come out of the water. Meaning the carpet is residue free. I’m actually looking for people to use it to help us determine the exact dilution for truck-mount stock. So, if you are already a customer and make an order I can drop some in a jar for you to help with this project.

-if you could do any sort of presentation at next year's mikefest what would it be?
Grease Eater. I just get such enthusiastic feedback on it. If people just try it they love it. As far as class goes, let me know what you were thinking.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
thanks Dee DEE!! I have been trying to tell people about grease eater forever!! there just not getting it.. But all your sales proves my point.. I would like to test that new stuff.. I'll be calling next week for more grease eater!

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
financing has been a real problem and we have seen at least 7 sales fall through when the carpet cleaner just could not find financing.
I have cash. I tried to buy one of the lions and got the run-on-round from your office for about two months. I got a quote from your office (7/10/2010). Offered to send a 10k deposit on a machine that was returned from Alaska. After several calls and emails, nothing ( always spoke with the back office). Got tired of it.
I turned to Les and now I have a C-4. But I still think that Oxyblaster is the best and
my customers still ask for for Stinky Winky by name. I need to order a case.
Luis

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
joeynbgky said:
thanks Dee DEE!! I have been trying to tell people about grease eater forever!! there just not getting it.. But all your sales proves my point.. I would like to test that new stuff.. I'll be calling next week for more grease eater!
I've sampled it...there's a lot better out there...not impresed

Jimbo

Taf and DeeDee are fantastic people to have here in Reno! They have 2 very nice young people in their family that both love baseball...Taf and DeeDee spent a lot of time cultivating that interest! Who else do we see at Boston Red Sox games in the Bay Area? Taf and DeeDee and family!

Guess who has bright kids? Any of our kids ever go to High School at a college? One of the Baig kids does! (http://www.davidsonacademy.unr.edu/) Taf and DeeDee are rightfully very proud of their children!

They have an accomplished mechanic running the shop, Paul...he is also the builder of their fine LionKing Truckmounts...He also builds proStreet race cars...and is an all-around good guy!
http://www.rgj.com/article/20101125/NEWS/11250338/1321

To me it is great to have 2 good suppliers in Reno...and it is great to have the Baig family as friends!

T

The Magician

I like the catalogs too. Its sweet to talk to Dee Dee on the phone.
I would like a answer to Luis Q. I am also inerested in that machine.

Now you see it.... but where?

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Taf and Dee Dee are both first class people. Over the years I've ordered a lot of products from them and have always had great service.

Seeing this thread reminds me I need to start ordering again!

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Just got off the phone with Dee Dee, I forgot how WONDERFUL they are over there, cant wait to get my Grease Eater and Citrapure powered in a few days.. I will be posting before and afters.

Excited to use there new Green pack system!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom