Well carpet cleaning ain't dead yet..

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Quite relaxed actually. Did my chores, set up supper in the slow cooker, ordered a few things online, worked a bit on my moped,now it's time for a workout. Hockey tonight! Life is good.

Chris A

Name
Chris
We've been up and down all year but the last 4 months have been slower than last year. To be fair though last year was blisteringly, all hands on deck and still booked a week plus out for months on end kinda busy.

Reactions: Mike J and BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I seem to be getting a lot of work from other cleaners who are either retiring or just aren't able to get to the work. Was just handed a 24 story condo highrise.
They know you love those high rises. I’d send them to you also

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
Dead. Last week I had a job a day, now nothing. I’m back to cold calling commercial accounts and have had one quote for every 25-30 stops. Zero action for residential.

• Sad
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
IMG_2535.JPG

killin it

..L.T.A.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Dead. Last week I had a job a day, now nothing. I’m back to cold calling commercial accounts and have had one quote for every 25-30 stops. Zero action for residential.
Did you ever take any action on updating your website?

And when you do cold calling, do you have a pleasant designed brochure to hand them and offer a free demo? I always landed about 1 every 7-10 visits when I did that. And my numbers increased with churches.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Mikey P

Administrator

And when you do cold calling, do you have a pleasant designed brochure to hand them and offer a free demo? I always landed about 1 every 7-10 visits when I did that. And my numbers increased with churches.
Cold calling to me means you're probabaly discounting to land a gig.
How do you feel about finding something else to creat income during your slow times?

Do you have any skills or hobbies that you could monetize?

D

Deleted member 51539

The phones are busier normal and glides are literally flying off the shelves....

How busy are you Goobers and idiot?
So Sad… that you have to take me off the raft. Congratulations on the green glide takeover. Down with the bearded troll!!!

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
About to start our super busy season. Last year the wait was up to 6 weeks out.
However, 30% of our appointments tend to change their appointment days. So we keep a stand-by list-- and those customers are super happy when we can fit them in.

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich

Not yet, I’ve devoted all my time to going out and finding work, keeping the trucks straightened up from the work, and doing the work. Keep in mind I have a couple hours per day chewed up just driving back and forth, due to the low population density of my area. Sitting down and doing the internet stuff is going to be for the heart of winter, when absolutely nothing is going on. I have a long list of everything I need accomplish for next spring.

I came up with a nice sales folder with a sales flier that lists our services, business card with all my contact info, a sales sheet about the business to give it a more personal touch, and some fridge magnets.

I’ve done the demo thing all summer and I landed one job from it. It honestly kills me to spend $40 in diesel to show up, cut a clean streak through their filth, then have them tell me “we’re good for now, thanks anyway though”.

Churches in my area are tight right now, they used to be fantastic. Covid got people in the habit of not going or just watching online. This is coming from my current church accounts. New ones I’m contacting are just not interested or are saying someone already handles that for them. If I ask who that is, they stutter and mumble. Probably because they’re just making it up on the spot.

Cold calling to me means you're probabaly discounting to land a gig.
How do you feel about finding something else to creat income during your slow times?

Do you have any skills or hobbies that you could monetize?
I’m charging $.18 to $.35 per foot for commercial depending on condition and building layout. I have money, I’m debt free, and my personal bills could be paid for the next two or three years with zero income. It ain’t like I’m desperate, I’m seeing a major contraction in my local economy at a time when I’m wanting to take everything to the next level. It’s incredibly frustrating.

I have been working as a sales rep for a local janitorial supply warehouse. I think that’s over due to them allowing the other rep (the owner’s father) to poach my accounts when they call the warehouse to place an order and taking the commission. And yes, I’ve already called the rep out on it. It was laughable listening to him try to worm out of accountability for his behavior and justify his actions.

I could pick up a job anywhere around here, but would rather take the winter down time and spend it doing sales and marketing for the spring in the area I want to move to about 35 minutes closer to Cincinnati.

Mikey P

Administrator

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom