We'll continue with the countdown after these messages..

Mikey P

Administrator
Casey Kasem's old house..
PXL_20201112_180627783.jpg
PXL_20201112_180559660.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
how many floors down does it go?
they just bought the house recently and hadn't had the carpets cleaned except for Mr trying to do it himself with a rental..
They were convinced that I would be able to run the vacuum and pressure hose down the elevator shaft and some how I'd be able to go up and down the staircases 5,000 times to do everything else...

Yeah. No.
PXL_20201113_000814034.jpg

Phoenix wouldn't fit through with the wheels down..

PXL_20201112_221452469.jpg

Luckily she runs upside down where the wheels are barely got through..
PXL_20201112_221618916.jpg

Only one carpeted staircase

Spray bottle and a Glad Pad ala' Chem Dry

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
they just bought the house recently and hadn't had the carpets cleaned except for Mr trying to do it himself with a rental..
They were convinced that I would be able to run the vacuum and pressure hose down the elevator shaft and some I'll be able to go up and down the staircases 5,000 times to do everything else...

Yeah. No.View attachment 103539

View attachment 103540

View attachment 103541

You should try an Oreck. I am amazed at how easy it is to do stairs.

Mikey P

Administrator
Pad Son is worth the money for stairs. Spent years trying different tools and finally bought a Pad Son and it does a great job.
I'm going to have to get something so far the two staircases I've done I've managed to be sneaky about and nobody's ever bothered to ask how the hell I held the Phoenix on the the risers..
Lol

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
John Guerkink used to sell a hand polisher called the Pad Son. They sold pads to fit it too. It was built well and would do a great job on steps or just as a spotting tool.
Kills your back bending over. The Oreck, you can start at the top and work your way down. Scrubs the bull nose, then the tread. Once you get the hang of it, you can zip right through them. I have about 150 stairs coming up next week. That's what I'll use.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Kills your back bending over. The Oreck, you can start at the top and work your way down. Scrubs the bull nose, then the tread. Once you get the hang of it, you can zip right through them. I have about 150 stairs coming up next week. That's what I'll use.
Never tried one but sounds awkward or does the handle slip down?

As far as killing your back, I think it's much easier and faster than HWE stairs.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Never tried one but sounds awkward or does the handle slip down?

As far as killing your back, I think it's much easier and faster than HWE stairs.
No, I watched a video of a guy doing it and copied him. You kick the machine over the bullnose and just swing it back and forth. A couple of swipes is all you need. Best tool for scrubbing the bull nose I have ever used. If the bullnose protrudes over the riser, it make the riser a little difficult but the risers aren't usually dirty anyway. I turn the machine off before plopping it down to the next stair or eventually the pad will come off. You stand upright and just let the machine do the work. I spray one floor at a time. I will see if I can do a video next week.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Willy P

Name
Willy P
John Guerkink used to sell a hand polisher called the Pad Son. They sold pads to fit it too. It was built well and would do a great job on steps or just as a spotting tool.
Go to Walmart and get one there. They have terry pads too. $500 for a random orbit car polisher is a bit much.
This will do the same thing for $400 less. My favourite

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Go to Walmart and get one there. They have terry pads too. $500 for a random orbit car polisher is a bit much.
This will do the same thing for $400 less. My favourite

Willy I did that and those are fine for buffing a van after waxing but don't have a powerful enough motor for carpet. The one John sold his heavy duty commercial. Metal not plastic, not sure of its original use.

FredC

Village Idiot
Willy I did that and those are fine for buffing a van after waxing but don't have a powerful enough motor for carpet. The one John sold his heavy duty commercial. Metal not plastic, not sure of its original use.

then there is this monster

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
They were convinced that I would be able to run the vacuum and pressure hose down the elevator shaft and some how I'd be able to go up and down the staircases 5,000 times to do everything else...

Yeah. No.View attachment 103539

View attachment 103540

View attachment 103541

twisted cord.
you winding the cord up from plug to machine?
That's generally what causes them to twist

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom