Well That Scared The $hit Out Of Me

Willy P

Name
Willy P
So I'm set up doing an apartment yesterday morning when I looked over and saw my heater was puffing smoke out from underneath. Now I've got 4 cords going, 2 to the heater, 2 to the machine. I zipped to the breaker box and shut the suite down with the main switch and it stopped. I sure as hell wasn't touching the cords or plugs. Nothing in the coffee world is capable of waking my ass up like that in the morning. Gotta go check that skid mark thread again........:eekk:

Mike Draper

I can't tell you how thrilled I am to not have to worry about my chimps not having to light a damn Propane Bomb umpteen times a week.

You do know that little giant now has a new idiot proof re-igniter system that comes from the factory so you dont have to spend the 10 minutes it takes to install your own?

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Back in the day I had a propane unit singe my hair on my arms and eyebrows. The owner that I was working for was tripping!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I was under the impression, from his post, that William was using an electric heater.
Not that there's anything right with propane.
Or running four cords.
Or skid marks.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
That is one sick picture
I have a lp heater and I am sure it is safe but I scares the hell outta me. I guess it is cause you can see it in action. The truth is even generating heat from the engine exhaust is still dangerous, we just kinda take it for granted it is all hidden and you really don't have a picture in your mind how it works.
Also there is a poop load of safety checks that monitor its progress to reach the heat levels, I know of three to keep my little legend in check. So that should say the manufacturers of these machines know how dangerous it is
there was a video on the net of hot water heater and what could happen if the safety checks failed... it took off like a ROCKET
This is no joke a carpet guy here in town was working down the street from me and asked to see if I could help him figure out what was wrong.
So I go down and his water cooled unit is blowing water out of the radiator... I touched the side of his van and it is HELLA HOT like HOT I look in and he has a little giant going to town in there with all the doors shut hoses all melted. I just looked at him and said DUDE you have to open your back door to get some air in here man your going to blow this thing up.
I quickly walked back and let him turn it of at the belly tank, that van was so stinking hot I can believe it didn't blow up!!
He is no longer around.

Reactions: Mikey P

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Your hot water heater goes for year's without breaking down or burning down your home . Propane is not convenient but it gets hot quick and it's very simple to fix.

I have always wanted to look into a foam fire system to put in the van. A large oil leak in the right place or fuel line would take out the van just as fast as propane. One of those racing fire systems would be cool. Your insurance guy should like you for it.

Name
I'm Rick James
Propane is the best heat.. but that is something more for an O/O and not if you have techs.. just one more thing to go wrong or have something happen..

That being said I have a brand new never been used 3ht heat and a used 3 ht heat..

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Brian H

Name
Brian H
About 15 years ago we had a portable melt the carpet in an apartment. The vacuum motor was sparking and the cleaning crew didn't notice it. :hopeless:

The story did have a happy ending for us. The apartment building insisted we use "their" carpet retailer even though we are a full service carpet retailer ourselves. The installation was so poor that I told them I wouldn't pay the bill until it was done properly. They never did go back to correct it, so I had one of our installers go out and fix it. I never did pay that bill. :smile:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom