Well, the 6.0 tilt cab went in the shop today

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
I’m thinking the head gasket is failing. I see antifreeze slowly leaking outside of the head. I hope it’s an easy fix. I’ll let you know

• Sad
Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Man that sucks Matt. Sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel any better, my jet ski needs a new ignition coil.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: hogjowl

Mikey P

Administrator
If it makes you feel better I shaved travertine shower walls today... PXL_20240820_183422582.jpg

Reactions: Nomad74

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Well, I was mistaken. It's not antifreeze I'm seeing, it's motor oil being blown out the #7 cylinder showing it wet around the head. They did a test on everything and it shows that it's either coming from piston rings or a bad valve seal. The mass air flow sensor was covered in junk as well. I have no clue why, because I was religious on changing the air filter. I probably should've cleaned it when I bought the truck at 125k miles already on it.

So if it's bad piston rings, I"ll be replacing the engine. And they'll fix the valve seals if it's just that and replace the heads as well. They're doing what they call a leak down test , I think, today to get the final diagnosis. Either way, it's gonna hit my wallet hard.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
If it makes you feel any better, I owed the IRS an additional amount of money that t rump tried to find votes in Georgia😏 No bs!

Name
Doug B
Awesome news🤓

A bunch of stuff was done, but replacing the engine was not needed. Only about $1300 in repairs was the cost. I’m so relieved.

View attachment 128258 View attachment 128259

Setting expectations.....

Ma'am, this carpet needs to be replaced. It's going to cost a lot.

Awesome news! I was able to clean it up for you for only $1,381.70

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Setting expectations.....

Ma'am, this carpet needs to be replaced. It's going to cost a lot.

Awesome news! I was able to clean it up for you for only $1,381.70
nah, I knew that what they did was worth the $1381. I kept in touch with them during the diagnosis and repairs.

I'm really glad I didn't take it the first mechanic that normally does the work on this truck. Because he wouldn't have did the full diagnosis and would've just taken my inaccurate assumption of the heads leaking and I would've been

$screwed$

after the problem was sill there.

Name
Nate W.
I remember reading you flying off the handles regarding spark plug's for the PC Everest 650..

The valve cover is a bit over priced fwiw..

I'm just being a jackass and glad you're back up and running sMatty boy!

• Love
Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
I remember reading you flying off the handles regarding spark plug's for the PC Everest 650..

The valve cover is a bit over priced fwiw..

I'm just being a jackass and glad you're back up and running sMatty boy!
dude, I still get hot when I think of what they charged me for those spark plugs

scotty747

I just picked up a cds with that motor. It's running ruff, only 67,000 miles. Is there a way to check each ignition coil after plugs and wires if it still runs rough?

Also the serpentine belt broke today. Does anyone know the proper drive belt for the cds with the 6.0?

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
I just picked up a cds with that motor. It's running ruff, only 67,000 miles. Is there a way to check each ignition coil after plugs and wires if it still runs rough?

Also the serpentine belt broke today. Does anyone know the proper drive belt for the cds with the 6.0?
I think the only way to check the coils is when they’re hot. I doubt they’re bad at only 67k miles.

When you said “running rough”, what specific symptoms are you referring to?

scotty747

I can feel a miss, and the computer code says misfire. I guess I could unplug each one at a time and see if the rpm's drop. probably original plugs and wires

Name
Nate W.

I'd OBDII scan it first, then swap whichever coilpack with another to see if it jumped from the original.. If so, then you know which is bad.. But since it's new to you, I'd do at least spark plugs, so you know they're good..

As for the serpentine belt, the GM LS 4.8L, 5.3L, and 6.0L engines are the same, just different displacement size.. This is what pulled up for a quick google search..

scotty747

700 hours on the meter. I'll try the ignition swap if plugs and wires don't fix it. I have the tensioner pulley all the way over and I still cant get the belt on with the k061145

Back
Top Bottom