WELL THE DAY OF THE TRUCK MOUNT IS OVER

Name
Eric Valentine
Did you watch the video for the CFX?

I wouldn't mind trying one out to see if it is a joke, or a reasonable thing to have for a POG.

Raedan

I wouldn't mind trying it out either. I have used portys for 9 years and still do. I also use a steamin demon.
That looks pretty cool.
Together with my TM and all the other tools I have I can clean any carpet anywhere any method.

The eclipse video was interesting also. I liked the sliding bottom. easy to work on.

Joe

Mr.V

:shock:

that porty looked like a POS

makes me SOOOOOOOO glad I went with the Greeglides M-5

it freakin rocks,,,,,,,,and if u think that thing looks easy to work on..............u gotta open up the M-5 and look at how simple it is.

i didn't watch the whole video but I won't go without auto fill and dump..........soooooo much easier

I'd rather have 2 3stages than three 2 stages ,,,,but that's just me

R

rotovacguy

That CFX from Rotovac, while they may be on the right track, it seems to have some shortcomings.

For example, what does it use for a pump? All I could see is a hook up to a faucet...it uses city water pressure?

It only has two 2 stage motors in it, I only saw one cord, so they must be the really low output 2 stagers. If it could be used as a vacuum booster, maybe that'd be ok, but one would need to do their own mods to it to use it inline as a booster. With those weak motors, the dry time is probably at LEAST a day! With how much water a Rotovac uses, coupled to a weak vacuum set-up = unhappy customers.

How do you add a rinse to it? I didn't see anything for that, again, you could probably add your own, but that's something that should be standard.

6 GPM pumpout?...That may be fine for carpet cleaning, but for them to say you can use it for flood work seems a bit far fetched.

Greenie

First problem I saw on the Eclipse was 100 cfm?

Knowing what I know now, you want more cfm, 200 cfm trumps 200" waterlift...end of story.

It's just a string of small 2 stage vacs in series....what is this, 1979?

I was also looking at Amp draw, looks like a breaker popper, not to toot my own horn but ask Andy if his M-5 pops breakers?

Lonewolf68

I am still working on getting a business going but I bought an Eclipse machine in 2007. I had no knowledge of carpet cleaners but did not have the $ for a truckmount. Still don't have money for a TM and some other reasons I am still "working" on getting my carpet cleaning business going.
Greenie gave me the ideas for the upgrades last year but I had/have limited funds for upgrading the machine. I changed the hose on my Eclipse to a 2" and it helped some. I also switched out the the 2 1101 jets in the wand for 1103 jets. I also use a glide on the wand. I would like to change the set up of the vacs to get more CFM but can only do so much with my mechanical abilities or lack thereof. Any advice would be appreciated.
I am willing to trade my Eclipse for a truckmount, any takers?

Steve

SuperFly

Swap out your 2x2stage and install 2x3stage.. 116565-13 or 116765-13 Ameteks.. The latter draws more amps but also more cfm/lift/airwatts...........

Greenie

He can't...he's already pushing amp limits, plus I think the 765 will crowd his space, that "slide out tray" only has so much clearance...and it's packed as it is.

Inline vac booster is probably the answer.

T

The Magician

Darlene has run one for years. Ask her about how fast her production rate is??

Name
Eric Valentine
I wonder if John at Mytee has seen the video. Maybe he can do what he supposedly did according to Ed Valentine at Cross American and steal some ideas.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Raedan said:
I wouldn't mind trying it out either. I have used portys for 9 years and still do. I also use a steamin demon.
That looks pretty cool.
Together with my TM and all the other tools I have I can clean any carpet anywhere any method.

The eclipse video was interesting also. I liked the sliding bottom. easy to work on.

Joe

no its not.....

i have the older step child of it who was making them mostly high psi, for T&G and stone work.... It has potential, but there are still issues...glad i only traded for it instead of the $4000 or so they wanted for it...i woulda been pissed

SuperFly

On a more serious note: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You just gave Eclipse and Rotovac FREE advertising.. :)
And now their sales will soar...........! 8) :p

Spring is here..! :D :D :D :p

Vinnie

RIP
Name
Vincent Annunziato
Re. Hey Greenie

Greenie: You say the price is $2999.00, when you add 100 ft. of sol. &vac hose, the better wand, heater. Whats the real cost $4000.00 or so.

Greenie

Actually Vinnie, today you can get 50' of vac and sol. and a glided economy 2 jet wand for that $3K machine purchase. But yes, I encourage the upgrade to a proper 2" high performance wand, and that will cost a couple hundred more than $2999, but for you I might run a MB special and do a sale on the Greenhorn package and give you the whole kit for 3 grand.
How many would you like?

V

vegijohn

What I don't like about my Eclipse is that it cannot really climb stairs. The control knobs are located on the back by the wheels. The knobs get hung up on the lip of the stairs making it difficult to climb stairs---- Add to the fact that it is "front heavy" it is also unsafe to climb stairs. A taller profile instead of a wide profile would have been better. My Eclipse now sits in storage.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
STEAMEX used to make a good standup portable that was tall.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Many cleaners who see that video, may think that it's the cat's meow.

It does make a good presentation.

But many unsuspecting new, or potential carpet cleaners, who have not yet found these BBS's for carpet cleaners, may think this PARTICULAR MACHINE IS it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom