Wernering Trashed Berber

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Ron I hope that you and John L. can sit down and develop a vacuum made for carpet cleaners by carpet cleaners!!! That is something that is truly lackin in our industry. There are lot of vacuums that appeal to the masses but there are very few that have the power, suction and ease of use that become useful for a carpet cleaner.

I mean if you can combine an indestructable high flow bagless vacuum that has very easy filter cleaner out. Non clogging issues and has a great brushroll pile lifting ability and great suction, to actually remove dirt more effectively, I think they would sell themselves silly.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
ACE said:
How are those 8 Amp vacs better than a 12 amp Bissell?
Design
The filters are cheap, washable, easily changed.
The machine is easy to work on and easy to exchange parts. The initial purchase is an investment. After that just buy the needed parts and replace them.
With a high efficiency in air flow, don't need a 15 amp motor.

sweendogg said:
I mean if you can combine an indestructable high flow bagless vacuum that has very easy filter cleaner out. Non clogging issues and has a great brushroll pile lifting ability and great suction, to actually remove dirt more effectively, I think they would sell themselves silly.
Indestructible? Everything breaks, but yes, it needs to be able to take a shtkicking, esp if employees are going to use it. Make it so the parts can be easily changed. Maybe possible to make the body rotomolded, making it almost indestructible.
High flow bagless? that will be the easy part. This is where a 15 amp motor could be utilized more effectively. Other vacuums are too complicated.
Non clogging? That will be trickier. At best, knowing the soil that comes out of carpet, make the filter system easy to change out and wash so that its not expensive.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
[I wish people would pay that here . I would have been lucky to get 200 bucks for that same job here in hill billy missouriquote="Ron Werner"]
juniorc82 said:
how big of an area? how much did u charge for it?
about 650sf, charged $400. Took about 5hrs

joeynbgky said:
Thats the place[/quote]

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
You need a Chimp to prevac for you Ron. $100.00 an hour isn’t chit in Canada and you need try to break the 150 sqft per hour production barrier.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
juniorc82 said:
[I wish people would pay that here . I would have been lucky to get 200 bucks for that same job here in hill billy missouri
There are cleaners here that would say the same thing. I didn't get charging this over night, just a long progression over the past 15yrs of prevacuuming and realizing just how needed it is to the procedure. Over time it has set me apart. That and the coaching programs with JP and Steve Marsh have helped my mindset. It also takes a lot of faith on my part that people will call because I don't lower my price "just" to get a job anymore. When its a little slow, its very tempting to say, yes, I'll clean that for $100 less. The more I've stood my ground over price, the more I've gotten higher paying jobs.
This one I charged out at 60cents/sf.

If I was going to have a chimp do anything it would be the final rinse. The prep work is the important part. If it prepped right, it cleans right up. If its not prepared right, doesn't matter how well its rinsed, its going to leave issues.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom