What a HUGE PITASS!

Mikey P

Administrator
4 brain truck carpet cleaners could not figure out how to get this damn thing to lay flat.

Buzzback had the bright idear to tape the pad to the back of the rug.

They call it NOmuv for a reason.

4-15-09003.jpg

4-15-09006.jpg

4-15-09007.jpg

4-15-09008.jpg

4-15-09010.jpg

Just getting the bastard right side up was a keystone cops like adventure.

sonofabitch must have weighed 1500 pounds

Buzzy and my Chimp even got under the bastard to give it a shot.

4-15-09011.jpg

But in the end it was I your fearless leader who came up with the best trick...

a $99.00 Mytee air mover. Sorry no pic but the little thing got 80% of the devil up and floating, the rest was sort of easy.

As a penance I made Buzzcock do something hes never done before.

4-15-09012.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
lmao..
When we were done and and the chimps were downstairs cleaning up the Big wigs came in and looked it over.

"Mike were a bit concerned over this remaining crease right here"

oh jeaze, just a slight bulge. I told them no problem I'll get Manny and Moe back up here to yank on it some more.

thanks the lord they dint come in when Buzz and the tech were under the dang thing, they would have kicked our asses right out of there.

Buzzbac

I was gonnna post a thread called "Never Give A Broke Dick Vortex Owner A Break" but as our glorious supervisor..that well known legend in his own lunchpail (no offence larry ) has already posted I'll just make a few minor addendums here....

Last Night I got a fone call pleading for my expert help in sorting out the hash the aforementioned BDVO had made of a minor clean and repair job to what we euuropeans would describe as a medium sized area rug....

My first inklings of the disaster that was to befall came when I spotted the 2 (yes TWO) pink vacuum cleaners ( one wonders has Mikey gotten in touch with his inner gay) the second inkling was when the second "expert" Mikey had drafted in turned out to be a non english speaking possibly ex soviet emigre, who not only couldnt pull a face never mind a section of rug, but who also thought that connecting the vacuum hose on the upright vacuum cleaner was optional.

Having lost both kidneys riding bitch in the Nissan from Los gatos to San Frandisco may have dissuaded a lesser man, but not I.

While mikey nipped out fer a bite of his tofu sandwich and a slug of sparkling spring water, myself and "the chimp" managed to rescue the deal and flip the 8200lb rug, complete with pad and 280 gallons of glue into somethin resembling a final position.

When Lord Lichfield returned he proceeded to make his finest contribution..(actually his only one) and took a few snaps for posterity ........

The minor wrinkle that needed to be ironed out(see mikeys reference to the bigwigs) turned out to be where mikey had dropped his wallet under the rug hence the enormous bulge, both myself and the chimp were despatched by Mikey to go look under the rug and between us managed to drag the rather bulging item out from under, just in time for Mikey to buy a beansprout bagel to munch on the way home.....

Mikey P

Administrator
some goofs talked them into taking the beast out of there about 10 years ago to do these oh so professional patches...

4-15-09014.jpg

4-15-09017.jpg

Nylon donor piece. :shock:

Seven idiots drop it down 2 flights of stairs causing all sorts of damage

Jay D

Name
Jay D
From previous posts I thought Mike did'nt carry his wallet or maybe he finally found where he lost it months ago, under the rug. :| :p

Greenie

I liked teh projected 1 gal of latex per 100 sq. ft., I Prespray heavier than that....what were you rub snobs thinking...lol

Overall I bet the customer was stoked......and man those patches do look really, really bad, maybe they will fly Steve Andrews in to correct that abortion.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
so someone says to tape the pad to the rug and not one person there figures out that's incredibly dumb

could you have made more of a mess of that rug

2 people could have done it with no lifting

sorry i cant help it

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Mikey P said:
some goofs talked them into taking the beast out of there about 10 years ago to do these oh so professional patches...

Nylon donor piece. :shock:

Seven idiots drop it down 2 flights of stairs causing all sorts of damage

Wounldn't that rip your undies... Yeah, I second Greenie, sli[p them SA's contact info coz that's GOT to be fixable to a better standard, especially after what they just spent with you.

John

-JB-

Name
JB
Oh sure everyone could've done it better :roll:

too bad yore all over 1000 miles away!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Touch'e JB~ I think that for a first time joing a job that type & size they did a good job and were resorceful to resolve issues as they came up. I also think if he had to do it again Mikey would jump all over it and make even more money on it.

Bob Foster

I was kiddin about the three stooges. The job looks great and it was a difficult one. It would be interesting to see if Mike will post how much gross revenue he has made on that rug over the various jobs he has done on it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom