What about them fizzy bubbles?

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
There's a large carpet cleaning company that advertises the use of hot carbonated water to clean carpets with (we know who so let's not call them by name). They imply the use of fizzy bubbles found in carbonated soft drinks or club soda to clean carpets.

I might have believed them back in the day when they cleaned using pepsi sprayers and the bonnet method. But, they have upgraded to rotary jet extractors and I find it difficult to believe they are pumping hundreds of gallons of heated club soda per day through hundreds of feet of pressure line.

Besides, pressure pumps cavitate when too many air bubbles are present in the inlet-side. So, my spidey senses are telling me there is more to this story. Also, I researched how to make my own CO2 gas so I can clean with fizzy bubbles too but it looks like it might cost a million dollars to setup my own CO2 manufacturing plant.

I'm having a difficult time understanding how they clean using club soda.

Can someone please educate me on the hot carbonated water cleaning process?

Thank you!

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The company whose name we dare not say aggressively protects their brand.

Put another way:

Public comments regarding their process may cause you to receive a letter from their attorney

Ask me how I know..... :eekk:

FredC

Village Idiot
There's a large carpet cleaning company that advertises the use of hot carbonated water to clean carpets with (we know who so let's not call them by name). They imply the use of fizzy bubbles found in carbonated soft drinks or club soda to clean carpets.

I might have believed them back in the day when they cleaned using pepsi sprayers and the bonnet method. But, they have upgraded to rotary jet extractors and I find it difficult to believe they are pumping hundreds of gallons of heated club soda per day through hundreds of feet of pressure line.

Besides, pressure pumps cavitate when too many air bubbles are present in the inlet-side. So, my spidey senses are telling me there is more to this story. Also, I researched how to make my own CO2 gas so I can clean with fizzy bubbles too but it looks like it might cost a million dollars to setup my own CO2 manufacturing plant.

I'm having a difficult time understanding how they clean using club soda.

Can someone please educate me on the hot carbonated water cleaning process?

Thank you!

Reactions: Giorgio

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio

Wow! Outstanding article!

Thank you very much FredC !

Not that it matters to me but just out of curiosity can anyone tell from the link if and when their patent expires? It's so full of legal-ease I can't tell if it ever expires. lol.

btw, i've been around long enough to remember the David vs. Goliath fight Lisa went through to bring Greenglides to market. Nothing but luv for that gal! She's a rock star in my book! Thank you Lisa!

Reactions: royalkid and Johnny

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Well, if the patent is expired.... Theoretically, shouldn't I be able to use "carbonated" and "fizzy bubbles" and "club soda" to describe a cleaning process too?

Or, do you think am I not allowed to use those words and they should be stricken from my already limited vocabulary?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The fizz for HWE was a last-stage injection into the solution before it went into the cleaning line. Not effective for anything but maintaining built up marketing.

Not sure they care about it much since they're mostly a restoration company now.

FredC

Village Idiot
Well, if the patent is expired.... Theoretically, shouldn't I be able to use "carbonated" and "fizzy bubbles" and "club soda" to describe a cleaning process too?

Or, do you think am I not allowed to use those words and they should be stricken from my already limited vocabulary?

consult your attorney

the patent protected the invention/process. As long as you are actually using some form of carbonation (not false advertising) you should be fine even if the patent was still in place provided the process differed at the time*.

*i didn't see anything on a quick TM search that would prevent use of the phrases. Just don't call it The Natural.

Not sure why you would want to though

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
Go heat a can of pop up to a 140 degrees and see how many fizzy bubbles stay in it. I think it was in Cleanfax shortly after they lost the lawsuit with Lisa on how heat destroys the fizzy bubbles. It was written by a chemist for one of the main cleaning chemical manufacturers. The one with the middle eastern name.

Reactions: Johnny and Giorgio

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Right. Sodium bicarbonate and acid isn't my idea of the ideal cleaning solution.

Thanks for the feedback!

Much appreciated.

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
Its funny how that company who's name we do not mention claim to fame was bashing steam cleaners for over wetting way back in the 70's and advertised that a bubbles and a bonnet pad was the best method, and got the carpet drier, their whole marketing was geared to the few that had a bad experience in the past.but in the late 90's when shaw carpet came out and said they wouldn't honor their warranty it carpets weren't professionally cleaned using extraction methods that company that shall remain nameless quietly changed to an extraction method

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Its funny how that company who's name we do not mention claim to fame was bashing steam cleaners for over wetting way back in the 70's and advertised that a bubbles and a bonnet pad was the best method, and got the carpet drier, their whole marketing was geared to the few that had a bad experience in the past.but in the late 90's when shaw carpet came out and said they wouldn't honor their warranty it carpets weren't professionally cleaned using extraction methods that company that shall remain nameless quietly changed to an extraction method

Nice!!!

Mikey P

Administrator

You must have lost atleast three decent jobs to them to be this concerned.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
If you want "carbonated" use clean & free or any similar alternative.
As a someone who subbed to them "they" are seriously dishonest, they are more than happy to embelish an invoice to an insurance provider as to what I did on their behalf

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
You must have lost atleast three decent jobs to them to be this concerned.

I'm planning to promote more encap cleaning this year so I looked at the website of the only low moisture cleaner I could think of and was stumped trying to figure out where they get all that "club soda" to clean carpets.

Thanks to Fred's link to the patent office I learned they ain't using club soda at all. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears they're using a low cost surfactant filler mixed with something containing a PH of less than 7 to produce a theoretical chemical oxidation reaction that supposedly gives off gas in a poor attempt to imitate CO2.

Besides, with the globalists war on carbon (homo sapiens) it seems to me they have a huge bullseye on their head by introducing greenhouse causing CO2 gas into every home they visit. With all their smack-talk regarding hot water extraction over the past several decades it seems to me that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Otherwise, they're likely to get a visit from Greta Van Thomberg who might give them the infamous "small d1ck energy" Andrew Tate treatment. lol.

ejJseS5qcGc

This was a good thread! It gave me plenty of ammunition for the incoming low moisture wars.

I raised the price of my encap cleaning from .25 to .28 per sf.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm planning to promote more encap cleaning this year so I looked at the website of the only low moisture cleaner I could think of and was stumped trying to figure out where they get all that "club soda" to clean carpets.

Thanks to Fred's link to the patent office I learned they ain't using club soda at all. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears they're using a low cost surfactant filler mixed with something containing a PH of less than 7 to produce a theoretical chemical oxidation reaction that supposedly gives off gas in a poor attempt to imitate CO2.

Besides, with the globalists war on carbon (homo sapiens) it seems to me they have a huge bullseye on their head by introducing greenhouse causing CO2 gas into every home they visit. With all their smack-talk regarding hot water extraction over the past several decades it seems to me that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Otherwise, they're likely to get a visit from Greta Van Thomberg who might give them the infamous "small d1ck energy" Andrew Tate treatment. lol.

ejJseS5qcGc

This was a good thread! It gave me plenty of ammunition for the incoming low moisture wars.

I raised the price of my encap cleaning from .25 to .28 per sf.

Get a Phoenix and quit worrying about things you cant control.

Once you and your clients really understand, get a Odyssey.

Reactions: Giorgio

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom