What are best pads for prescrubbing w/ rotary?

G

Ok, fine. After years of not doing it I'll try it. What are the best pads for pre-scrubbing residential nylon carpet with a 175 rotary???

I've got some fiber plus pads, but they're getting pretty dingy. What are other pads that I can buy locally?

Rex Tyus

White through green VCT pads. The right color for the right situation. Practice on you own carpet first (especially anything above tan).

DevilDog

beige buffing pads for all cut pile carpets.

You might be able to use up to a red pad on olefin berbers.

For commercial you can go up to red.

NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING, stronger is needed than a red pad.

If you do then your floor machine is made of cotton candy and/or your cleaning agents are horrible.

DevilDog

Rex Tyus

Whats the matter Todd? You don't have any meth houses to clean up where you are from? My rotary is a an old SSS solid as a rock real metal machine. You probably couldn't even lift it out of the van. As for cleaning agents the juice I use would scare you. If you are in a market that don't have dirty carpet good for you. Down here it can get down right nasty. Don't speak in absolutes about things you have no knowledge.

I did miss the part about residential cut pile in the original question but I still stand by my answer.

DevilDog

Dude, I have cleaned some of the nastiest things you will EVER see.

YOU DO NOT NEED ANYTHING MORE THAN A BEIGE PAD FOR RESIDENTIAL.

Just learn to clean.

I hope you are proud of the "juice" you use. LMAO.

Stand by whatever you want to stand by....doesn't mean you are right.

By the way, if the juice you use is so damn good then you shouldn't need anything more than a beige pad.

Let certain guys yap and they'll hang themselves every time.

DevilDog

Rex Tyus

Let certain guys yap and they'll hang themselves every time.

As if you would even be able to tell if anyone did hang themselves. :eek:

The pad does more than simply separate soil from fiber but I don't want to confuse you with too much info at once.

"Just learn to clean"

Yea I can only dream to be the cleaner you are. :roll:

DevilDog

I really don't know what to say Rex. If you want to turn this into a pissing match...I'll decline.

If you have a good pre-spray, scrub it in with a beige pad, give it a little dwell time, and then extract with decent flow and heat the soil that will come out with cleaning is going to come out.

Anything more aggressive on a residential carpet is doing nothing more than screwing up the fiber even more.

Apparently you are the only one that has cleaned nasty carpet.

This whole thing doesn't need to be complicated at all.

DevilDog

Rex Tyus

Not looking for a pissing match. Someones feet usually gets wet. If you reread my post I am aware of the dangers of going above tan(beige if you like). As I stated earlier I missed The residential cut pile comment in the original post. That being said there are times when a red and yes even a green pad will simplify and expedite the job.

If you do then your floor machine is made of cotton candy and/or your cleaning agents are horrible.

Maybe I misunderstood your intentions with that comment. For future reference when speaking to or about me, disagreement is welcomed. I enjoy a debate. Speak down to me and it is on. 8)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
for res cut pile?
Same as Odie
Synthetic scrub bonnets
(saturated in pre-spray)

I don't get too aggressive with res cut piles.
In an empty rat hole, salvage/restoration we'll rip'em up with red VCT pads.

One time when we were stripping the VCT tile in a sec 8 rat hole, we strayed the completely trashed berber with the floor finish stripper solution and I whipped a BLACK stripping pad over it LOL

Hacking sec 8s for years and PROUD of it.....

Curt, if you're new to rotary scrubbing, It's my humble opinion you should use saturated scrub bonnets.
Less chance of damaging the fiber and better than a shampoo brush.

I'll get pretty aggressive with VCT pads on some rags, but I've been roto scrubbing for over 16 years.
Start safe with the least aggressive pads or use scrub bonnets til you "get it"

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom