What are my chances of getting a good 5k van

Mikey P

Administrator
Maybe I should get a cargo van instead of a cargo trailer.

It will sit but for all of 10 days a year more than likely.

Can a beater van sit like that with out going to pot?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Nice try BOZO....

After emmission up-grade ...Cali. sales tax & ins. he will only have $10380.00 in it :lol: :lol:

Does your wife know you are up this late :?: :?: :?:

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Van would probably be more convenient than a trailer, but for ten days out of the year, would the increased maintenence, insurance, and license be worth the convenience?

STOP GLOBAL COOLING!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I don't know about out there in vEganVille, but clean 1/2 tons vans with plenty life can found 'roundcheer for $5K

clean 3/4 and 1 ton are harder find for that price without mega miles though

a 1/2 van will give you more payload capacity than that toy trailer you were considering and also give you more vans to chose from.

don't park it in the yard where ground/vegetation (grass) moisture will rust it out in a year or two, take it for a drive to the oRgAniC fReE rAnGe tOfool ranch once or twice a month, change the oil once or twice a year regardless of mileage, and you'll be fine

..L.T.A.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
[quote="After emmission up-grade ...Cali. sales tax & ins. he will only have $10380.00 in it /quote]

The muffler is almost hitting the ground already, no up grade necessary for low ride effect.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Hey mikey,

Just to let you know BOZO is my pet name for Bryan Cannon..

I noticed you have THE BIG STICK OUT tonite..............
And I am not looking for a BEAT-IN on my soft under-belly :wink:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mike said he had a little experience pulling trailers .

I hate to tell you this, vEEgs, but pulling the kids down the sidewalk in their Little Red Wagon 15 years ago don't count ....

for all the miles you'll put on this van, you should be able to get away with a 1/2 ton ..IF...you keep the daily gear to a minimum

you'll find a better van for the money.
3/4 or 1 ton would better, but those are work trucks and working guys don't dump them til they're warn out or repoed

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
toy trailer?

tandem 12 footer with breaks?

fu stumpy.

that's better than that 6x10 single axle you were talking about originally.
That one would of been good to haul your coolers, radio and beach towels to the pond.
Maybe your bike too..the one with pedals that is....

buy a van.
you think your V has some dings from driving "oops" ,wait til your rookie azz starts pulling that trailer around

..L.T.A.

Name
I'm Rick James
I agree, get a van. I help someone out many times that had a trailer TM and it was a PITA. I got a 99 Ford with 103,xxx on it for $3995. Power everything, body is in perfect shape.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The van would be a lot less hassle than the trailer.

As nice as trailers are, they can still be a pain to haul around, back up, find parking for and pay for the extra gas they use hauling them!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
what do you think?

not much

I'm not a fan of dUdge vans

The Chevy Astro is the best van GM ever made, but it's small.

the short green school bus????
you're kidding right? :roll:

The older Ford Powerstokes are good motors (better than Ford's new diesel from what I hear)
But the cowboys that drive ambulances horse them pretty hard.
(just the nature of the biz)
and if you buy it, I'll call you Wal-DOH junior
"you know what I mean".....

..L.T.A.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Dodge made THE most inefficient van IMHO.

Ive had 3, and neither got over 9mpg when loaded moderately with equipment.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Registration and insurance on the van isn't much. When I need to use my back up I call my agent and put full coverage on the van, otherwise its parked in a friends parking garage with just comprehensive coverage.
I was in the same boat earlier this year looking for a trailer instead of my rusted out back up van. Finally decided that for the money and convenience I would upgrade my standard length 1 ton 03 and use it as the backup. Seems a shame to have such a nice van sit most of the time but now its already lettered and ready to go and will be alot more convenient to use. It did cost a bit more this way but I feel better about driving up to my custy's house with a van.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
A van is extra insurance and up keep for something that is just going to sit
With a trailer you don't have all those head aches and expenses.....

I would get a trailer and park it out of the way in my garage ..If I need it just hook it up to my truck and it becomes instant insured at no additional cost....

For something that is only going to move 10 days out of a year it is a no brainier

With a van you will be paying for air 355 days out of the year

RickL

Mike, when I first started my business I thought a cargo trailor was the way to go. Huge mistake and I had to turn around and buy a Van. In Georgia a lot of the houses are built on steep hills with long winding steep driveways where you can't see out of your mirrors due to the steep drives also sometimes you could get the trailor on top but the truck would be pointing straight down.It was just a matter of time before I took something out and I been hauling trailors and driving large trucks all my life.
DEFINATELY not something you'd want your helper doing.
I turned it into a commercial only vehicle and it worked great for that but no way on residential at least not in Ga.
I think any van is a much better choice even though it's a little more money it'll save you in the long run.

Bob Foster

Mikey P

Administrator
I had those Dodges for years at Coit.

I dont remember any issues really.

But I was real busy dealing with chem manufactures most of the time

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Instead of buying and insuring a van for the few days a year you may need it, how hard would it be to just rent a van when needed for $50/day and put a slide-in unit into it? Is that possible?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom