what are some non typical problems you've seen or experienced when cleaning wood or laminates?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Newer “hand carved” wood floor. She said clean it only before they move in. They had not knowledge of the history of the floor. It looked like it was cleanable. I did the acrylic testing and it came up negative. I was wrong. I was 3/4 done with the floor until it got SO CLOUDY right at the main entrance. That was the only spot I didn’t test. I tried to strip it with Basic stripper. It wasn’t budging. I got in a panic and tried to get more aggressive with different pads, until It happened...I wore the edges down to bare wood, taking the stain off.

That day, I cleaned $500 worth of carpet and that wood floor was supposed to be about $500. We found a company that just does Hardwood floor restoration, and they came out to fix my problem. I offered to pay them for their services ($500) to fix it and I refused to take a payment for the carpet cleaning. It was a big loss that day and I still feel sour to my stomach when I think of it.

It appears the previous homeowner mop and glowed the hell out of the main entrance to make the home presentable to sell the home.

I learned 2 things that day: Don't FK with this new age "hand carved" wood that has 2 different stains. And Doing a liquid strip on hardwood, instead of screening is FKing STUPID.

So the only hardwood floors I touch are the ones I have good experience on. Plain old fashioned real hardwood floors

Mikey P

Administrator
ever look at the side profile of that junk, the stain is paper thin/deep.

but the sales guy said the hand scrapped look would hide the dog scratches..

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Newer “hand carved” wood floor. She said clean it only before they move in. They had not knowledge of the history of the floor. It looked like it was cleanable. I did the acrylic testing and it came up negative. I was wrong. I was 3/4 done with the floor until it got SO CLOUDY right at the main entrance. That was the only spot I didn’t test. I tried to strip it with Basic stripper. It wasn’t budging. I got in a panic and tried to get more aggressive with different pads, until It happened...I wore the edges down to bare wood, taking the stain off.

That day, I cleaned $500 worth of carpet and that wood floor was supposed to be about $500. We found a company that just does Hardwood floor restoration, and they came out to fix my problem. I offered to pay them for their services ($500) to fix it and I refused to take a payment for the carpet cleaning. It was a big loss that day and I still feel sour to my stomach when I think of it.

It appears the previous homeowner mop and glowed the hell out of the main entrance to make the home presentable to sell the home.

I learned 2 things that day: Don't FK with this new age "hand carved" wood that has 2 different stains. And Doing a liquid strip on hardwood, instead of screening is FKing STUPID.

So the only hardwood floors I touch are the ones I have good experience on. Plain old fashioned real hardwood floors
I did something similar working on a black slate shower. After working on that piece of crap for 3hrs., upon leaving I discovered my van had leaked oil on the fancy drive😳🙈 I cleaned it up, but all that work down #thedrain😡🤷🏻‍♂️

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom