What are some of the best cleaning websites you've seen?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We need to redo our site and I'm not looking forward to it. Last time it took over a year to get it nailed down.

I've seen a few good ones and I'm gathering ideas still of what I'd like to see us do.

What are some of the best cleaning websites you've seen?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You have a very nice site Steve.

Good looking, unlike...well I won't mention him by name...(Porkchop!), very clean and loaded with tons of info.

Worth the time and money you put into it.

Who is that Joe guy that narrates, that was a neat feature.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Yea but picture of the guy on the front screen looks like someone I wouldn't want in my home if my 15 year old daughter was there (if I had a 15 year old daughter). Change the picture today man!

Cameron1

Tony Neville said:
Still think you should use your baby Pictures.

Tony

roflmo.................... good one Tony

Joe is our sales Manager, Doc.

what is your address Ken?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I have been told that best sites are made by another forum.

Some kind of a wordpress template thing.

They all kind of look the same to me.

I don't buy into all the manufactured hype about them.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've seen Tre makes some really nice ones and you're right Dave I think I'd prefer wordpress for changes and up dates.

The board differences would be enough to keep me from using Tre, but he does do good work.

Ryan

Tre does good work, but wordpress is extremely easy to use. Look for another free lance wordpress designer and you will get a better deal. You just have to point them in the right direction for the industry.

Name
George Valliant
I think your new homepage should include 3 pictures of you in a Vortex like this guy. Says he's made millions with it!!!

Unfortunatly, now he say's vortex suck monkey balls!!!

The truth may lie somewhere in the middle.

truckphotonew2.jpg

mikevortexphoto.jpg

mikedrivingphoto2.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Damn...lost the info
Anyway, use a Yahoo site.
Easy as hell and it's free to set up. Cost's 10 bucks a month if they host it.
It optimizes itself and the search engines love it ...I guess because they trust Yahoo?

Anyway, here ya go...Whattyathink?

Priority Carpet and Tile Cleaning

WordPress is a good platform to build on. The WordPress theme system makes it easy to change the look of your website when it needs updated (or you grow tired of it). iThemes are popular for WordPress and used as templates by many WebMasters.

Andrechelle can build your site to your specifications. Whether a standard website or a WordPress website
[iframe:2kui9wah]http://www.andrechelle.com/website_design_portfolio.htm[/iframe:2kui9wah]

Ryan said:
Look for another free lance wordpress designer and you will get a better deal. You just have to point them in the right direction for the industry.
Or hire a WebMaster that is also Master Textile Cleaner, Carpet Cleaning Business Owner and a Housewife (target market) ... and major supporter of this industry and this bulletin board.

Newman said:
The Cermaks have been so tolerant of my constant tweeks...
Updates to your website are very good for it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Chris the website looks great, love the video's.

Mark we will certainly consider you guys when the time comes to chose a builder. Your presentations at MF6 were very impressive and I had planned to have Dan look at your work, you just made it easier! Thanks!

At this point we are looking at other sites for features and ideas for what we would like to see on our own site. How many pages and gathering photo's and deciding what message we want to say, and getting it through in text. This part took forever last time. I think Dan plans to have some video shot for a commercial as well as a video for the site.

Ryan

MarkCermak said:
Ryan said:
Look for another free lance wordpress designer and you will get a better deal. You just have to point them in the right direction for the industry.
Or hire a WebMaster that is also Master Textile Cleaner, Carpet Cleaning Business Owner and a Housewife (target market) ... and major supporter of this industry and this bulletin board.

I didn't think you used word press....

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Newman said:
I think Andrechelle created a very nice site for me, it is an unfinished work in progress. The Cermaks have been so tolerant of my constant tweeks...

http://www.carpetcleaningaurora.com/

d6914a1822ffd8c81dab.jpg

I think is looks pretty good.....except.

In my opinion a Carpet Cleaning website should never have a black background. Your customer isn't going to like it as much as you do.
I like Blues and I really like white...it just says clean.

R

rotovacguy

Brian Robison said:
Newman said:
I think Andrechelle created a very nice site for me, it is an unfinished work in progress. The Cermaks have been so tolerant of my constant tweeks...

http://www.carpetcleaningaurora.com/

d6914a1822ffd8c81dab.jpg

I think is looks pretty good.....except.

In my opinion a Carpet Cleaning website should never have a black background. Your customer isn't going to like it as much as you do.

Not only that, Brian, they should also proof read their work.

I believe the line should read..."Serving the Elgin area since 1977"

Not a huge deal, but I would get that corrected. But I shouldn't say a thing, as my broke ass doesn't even have a website! :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mr. Roto
No Website?

It's easier than posting a quote on Mikey's Board

Go to Yahoo and make a free one and let them host it for 10 bucks a month.

Cut and paste, type...pick some pretty colors and you are in the internet world.

Do it now, don't piss me off!! :twisted: :mrgreen:

Doc Holliday said:
Mark we will certainly consider you guys when the time comes to chose a builder. Your presentations at MF6 were very impressive and I had planned to have Dan look at your work, you just made it easier! Thanks!

At this point we are looking at other sites for features and ideas for what we would like to see on our own site. How many pages and gathering photo's and deciding what message we want to say, and getting it through in text. This part took forever last time. I think Dan plans to have some video shot for a commercial as well as a video for the site.
Thanks!

Brian Robison said:

Andrechelle designs the websites to the CUSTOMERS specifications. We make recommendations, but ultimately we do what the customer wants.

rotovacguy said:

Not sure when that screen shot was taken but that is not even the current text on the actual site. Probably from the original mock up of the design.
Andrechelle pastes the content exactly as provided by the client, unless they also order proofreading / editing / SEO.

Andrechelle also offers DIY packages (like Yahoo's) starting at under $5 / month.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mark,
I was directing the comments to the owner. I understand that your customer service is outstanding and you need to follow their idea when working with them.

I didn't mean to compete with you on the Yahoo thing. I just always give whatever info or ideas that I have.

R

rotovacguy

Brian Robison said:
Mr. Roto
No Website?

It's easier than posting a quote on Mikey's Board

Go to Yahoo and make a free one and let them host it for 10 bucks a month.

Cut and paste, type...pick some pretty colors and you are in the internet world.

Do it now, don't piss me off!! :twisted: :mrgreen:

Sounds good, Brian. Just $10 a month, eh?

I'm going to definitely look into that. But I'm going to need some cool down time from my wife before I commit to anymore bills. I just went yesterday to pick up a killer brand new enclosed trailer, and needless to say I blew more coin then I planned on, so she's not a huge fan.....yet. :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I hear ya....just show her all the money you will be making.
Every company has to have a website to go anywhere.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I made my cleaning website with Yahoo website builder like Brian was talking about.

I think it is $14 bucks a month.

Super easy If you can cut and paste you can make a website.

I have one of the consistantly highest ranking websites for most cleaning related terms in mt entire state.

Being on page one is very important!!

Google "Carpet & upholstery Cleaning Lincoln Ne" And see how many times I'm on page 1.

(Not bad for a cheep @ss do it yourselfer like me.)

Brian Robison said:
I didn't mean to compete with you on the Yahoo thing.

No worries, Yahoo and GoDaddy are the McDonalds or Stanley Steemer of the web hosting industry.

To each his own.

mikepo

The first question I have to ask is if you want to be in the website, marketing business or cleaning carpets.

Here are your options:

1) Go to a hosting site like JustHost and Go Daddy ... Use one of their templates and build a site.
2) Go to http://www.dreamtemplate.com/index.php? ... rt=popular
and download one of their templates. Sites like this have a fairly big selection and good editing tools
3) Pay a professional site builder but be very very careful. Most web folks are flaky and work on their own schedule so getting what you want when you want can be a challenge if you don't have the right person
4) Google/Yahoo have okay tools ..there stuff is better suited for backend shopping cart

Finally, WordPress is a good option for serving up someone else's content. For example realtors like WP because they link to city info, MLS, maps, school info etc. It's not good for a CCIng website which has your own content and messaging. That said still sign up for a WP site, blog, post coupons and link back to your main site. Web crawlers from the major search engines like the links and frequency of site update.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
rotovacguy said:

I believe the line should read..."Serving the Elgin area since 1977"

Not a huge deal, but I would get that corrected. But I shouldn't say a thing, as my broke ass doesn't even have a website! :mrgreen:

This page was just added last week, I have not yet sent in a change order. Like I said, work in progress.

R

rotovacguy

It looks good, Chris. I wasn't trying to be judgmental, as I know you said it was a work in progress. Just thought I'd let you know about the typo. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom