What are the best wand glides?

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Greenie said:
well if you couldn't broom out the pile lifting lines while wet, you are screwed, gonna have to do a quick naked wand re-wet to lift all the pile evenly next time, or use a slot glide, or a rug glide, or a hole glide with no edge channels.

the real question is, how many of these do you do?

Aint that the truth!! and it sucks but every now and again, I'll realise that's what's happening and stop after the first room or so and have to take the glide off, redo the original room and then do the whole job glideless.

Most times, just stopping briefly to groom each the completeion of each room is enough.

Othertimes, it'll be worse one way than the other and it may mean an extra stroke back towards you again to help re set the pile in the direction it wants to go.

John

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Thanks, John and Greenie, for your responses.

Lisa just returned a call I made to GreenGlides (866-GET-TEFLON) earlier this am. She offered to exchange my glide for an all-hole version. Thanks, Lisa!

[center:3aat7t5q][/center:3aat7t5q]GREENGLIDES ROCKS!!

(As though you didn't already know.)

BTW, after consulting Lisa and Les, I used Jusdon prespray and rinse on that wool yesterday. Cleans great, dries fast. (Maybe a little too fast if you need to groom wet.) I've also used it on cotton upholstery with the same results.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Greenglides are all that I've used, I think my dad bought our first one from Ken like 10 years ago. I have a hole glide on my GH (with edge slots) and a hybrid on my Ti.

Greenie

like this?

PMF Easy Glide
been around a long time.

EasyGlide.jpg

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I have the same problem on wool as well. But I don't like to take my glide on and off. I find if rake immediately after each room it's OK.

I wish I knew there was an only hole option for the Greenhorn glide. Next, time that is the one I will get.

Back
Top Bottom