What are you REALLY paying for prespray?

Name
Lee Stockwell
The real cost of your prespray isn't just the cost of the chemicals. Actually the chemicals cost less than 4% of a finished job. Labor is about 10x that, and most other expenses are greater as well.

Thus if your marketing cost is 15% to get a job, and it turns out less than perfect future marketing becomes more difficult and expensive.

Your labor is about 40%, and if you have to "chisel" the dirt off the carpet the labor costs escalate quickly.

If you have to RETURN, set up again for a re-clean, ALL your cost rise, perhaps double.

Thus I try to get the best stuff that works as close to perfectly the first time, without much regard to the "cost" of the chemical.

If the chemical was FREE (saving me that 3%) and my labor went up or my quality went down it would be no bargain. Both my immediate costs and long-term costs would be much more than the imagined savings.

Thanks,
Lee

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Lee Stockwell said:
However, it would be interesting to compare a penny's worth of each product in a side by side test.
Compare each with different dwell times and heat.

Lee;

Our houses are bigger than that ....

down here in Texas.

Dollar for dollar is a good comparison.

Larry

Ryan

Lee Stockwell said:
The real cost of your prespray isn't just the cost of the chemicals. Actually the chemicals cost less than 4% of a finished job. Labor is about 10x that, and most other expenses are greater as well.

Thus if your marketing cost is 15% to get a job, and it turns out less than perfect future marketing becomes more difficult and expensive.

Your labor is about 40%, and if you have to "chisel" the dirt off the carpet the labor costs escalate quickly.

If you have to RETURN, set up again for a re-clean, ALL your cost rise, perhaps double.

Thus I try to get the best stuff that works as close to perfectly the first time, without much regard to the "cost" of the chemical.

If the chemical was FREE (saving me that 3%) and my labor went up or my quality went down it would be no bargain. Both my immediate costs and long-term costs would be much more than the imagined savings.

Thanks,
Lee

Lee we're all business owners on here and we all understand that. However all of the presprays I listed are good presprays and very close to each other in effectiveness. The reason I made the list was that in another thread some people were complaining about the cost of a chemical based on its per gallon price and not the RTU price.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Agreed.

However "water" isn't a great cleaning agent alone, given its shipping cost. Too many products have too much of it. I'd like more mfg to do like Ed Valentine does with his super concentrates.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom