what are your chemical costs per year?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Less this year because of some nice deals from Mikey's Board.

Usually less than 5% excluding protector, however like Richard I've included some things not directly linked to CC.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Including protector costs and sales with cleaner costs and sales gives you ONE number and ONE percentage....however useless that number will then be.

steve_64

i hate bookkeeping.

cant remember the last time i kept that close of track. most orders include more than just product. it all gets lumped in together.

but we are trying to get things in better order here.

started with a new accountant this year that wants to help us do things better.

Name
Lee Stockwell
This is another number that gets too much attention. If we doubled chemical costs to cut LABOR in half it would be worth it.

Chemicals up from 4% to 8% cost: 4%
Labor down from 30% to 15% benefit 15%

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Like Steve Rutherford, I don't pay much attention to chemical costs. Looking at it now in front of me, it can't be more than 1%, and I don't think I ever had to spend 2% in a year.
On the other hand, fuel and van repairs are significant, with gas costing up to 12% , usually burning 3000 gal/yr, until the last couple years when I started incorporating porty usage on many jobs, bringing gas costs down to 7% and van repairs down considerably also.
Running fresh water rinse probably saves a lot of chemical usage, I suppose. I might use 1 or 2 six pound jugs of emulsifier in a year, if that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom