What can cause the ball in a GPH chem meter to move up and down..?

Mikey P

Administrator
out of nowhere our chem meter on our C4 has taken it upon itself to move around, up and down.

Normally we set it to 2 (on a 1 to 5 meter) and it stays there, if we moved the dial, the ball quickly follows suit. Now it just stays at two to three regardless of where I set the dial and slowly moves up and down with no rhyme or reason

Filters in the jug and water box are clean, hoses with clamps are tight, flow is unrestricted.

HElP!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No cracks in the hoses? Try changing hoses, also check the Dwyer meter for fractures. I'm not familar with that system is there a chem pump diaphragm? If so it could have a hole or tear in it.

Is it drawing chemical?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
yor suckin' air Mikey.........however i don know wtf is wrong wit the flowmeter.........

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Pull the knob out and replace with a new one with the two new rubber gaskets. They need replaced once in awhile. Its like $4 bucks

Samsung galaxy S IV beta tester

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Are the hoses stiff and hard or soft an pliable? The heat and chems dry them out and will eventually crack and leak air.

I'm pretty sure Joey was only speaking about knob replacement.

Soft hose in need of a knob replacement.........no bawb this wasn't about you :p

Last edited by a moderator:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Try taking a pair of vice-grip pliers and slightly crimping off the water supply line just before your pump. It only takes a little bit. See if that evens it out.

hogjowl

Idiot™
It may NOT work in your case, because your symptoms are not exactly like the ones I have experienced with EVERY TCS TM I have ever owned. What I have seen is, after an initial period of operation, the chemical meter stops drawing ... ball won't move. Call TCS and they told me it happens and they don't know why, but to slightly restrict the flow as I described above and it starts working again.

I will stop sharing my experiences if I continue to be treated rudely.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL

Why thank yee!
smiley-char092.gif

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
out of nowhere our chem meter on our C4 has taken it upon itself to move around, up and down.

Normally we set it to 2 (on a 1 to 5 meter) and it stays there, if we moved the dial, the ball quickly follows suit. Now it just stays at two to three regardless of where I set the dial and slowly moves up and down with no rhyme or reason

Filters in the jug and water box are clean, hoses with clamps are tight, flow is unrestricted.

HElP!

You DO KNOW that it moves up and down when you pull the trigger....right?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Check the brass fittings at the rear of the chem. meter, I had one that had a hairline replaced the fitting and problem was over. jz.

I agree......one hairline crack will suck air and screw up flow. Is your storage tank filled by way of soleniod, as in the Genesis? When the mix tank (mine is only about 2 gallons) calls for water, a DEMA soleniod opens, and fills the tank, also drawing solution from the solution tank. The soleniod could be leaking, drawing solution all the time. In my Powermatic, it draws solution when you key the trigger, thus drawing directly into the pump. I still say hairline cracks.

Mikey P

Administrator
turns out the brass tube that the adjustment knob goes into was cracked.

how the hell does that happen?, It's never been touched.

Chem erosion?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom