What caused this corrosion?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
This is a piece I replaced behind my pressure regulator. Its more than corroded its got chunks out of it. I use last step. But have been using judson o2 rinse and saphire dynaforce most of the time

IMG_20110701_214152.jpg

IMG_20110701_214205.jpg

IMG_20110701_214216.jpg

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Really? it has to be more than just moisture. didnt you have something like this happen with redline once?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
with the type of pitting I am seeing..it looks like galvanized fittings.....

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have used Procyon for years and never seen any corrosion. You want to see corrosion, run Dry Slurry.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
ACE said:
I have used Procyon for years and never seen any corrosion. You want to see corrosion, run Dry Slurry.

Did they change their formula? It's been about 6 years or so since I used them and I popped a qc every month or so from it eating the brass.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have been using Procyon for 10 years without issue. It could be that it corrodes the super cheep parts found in portys.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
ACE said:
I have been using Procyon for 10 years without issue. It could be that it corrodes the super cheep parts found in portys.

Same here......been using Procyon for over 15 years with no problems encountered. If you have enough hours and years on a machine, you will find a lot of hidden corosion if you tear it apart. You using soft water??

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Ron Werner said:
looks like a compression fitting, they are normally steel. Don't come in brass and I don't think even SS.

Buy a new one and just replace it. They get old and they WILL corrode.

go down to your local hose shop and get them in SS....I had the same issue with the old Vortex...switched everyone to SS

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
rwcarpet said:
ACE said:

Same here......been using Procyon for over 15 years with no problems encountered. If you have enough hours and years on a machine, you will find a lot of hidden corosion if you tear it apart. You using soft water??

NOw I know you guys are FOS. The makers of procyon told me it would eat brass....and they were right.

And that was probably about 10 years ago when I actually started using it.....about 2002 maybe.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Brian R said:
rwcarpet said:
ACE said:

NOw I know you guys are FOS. The makers of procyon told me it would eat brass....and they were right.

And that was probably about 10 years ago when I actually started using it.....about 2002 maybe.

Now Brian.....you sure you weren't talking to a competitor of Procyon's? Hell, I might blow a line tomorrow, but Procyon hasn't taken a toll of my equipment. Been running it in the 2003 Genesis for 8 years now, and really haven't had any problems. I did blow a short line from the HX to the panel.....it was a short hose, and it had a 180* turn in it, which I think helped cause the blow out. Just a bitch to get to.

Maybe it's the water in your area.

Scott Rogers

Well, they told me the same thing 8-10 years ago. they recommended I only use it as a prespray not a rinse as it would corrode fittings.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm tellin ya....Not only did they tell me that....my supplier at the time told me the same thing.
I could be wrong but I think Greenie said something about it....not sure about that one.

It just seemed to be common knowledge of the product and the proof was in the puddin.

I saw first hand what it did to my QCs

But I loved the way it cleaned. If it didn't get so hard to aquire because of price etc I would have kept using it anyway.

It was worth blowing a line here and there.

I was using it at first with my Ninja and then with my Steam Genie.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom