What causes pile reversal?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I don't know about feeling lighter.....Fred.

But they sure feel their anger when they know how much they paid. And the manufacturer considers them lucky for not being fully charged for that wonderful (absolutely free) feature.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
The last two cases I was aware of, or involved with both had legal challenges that failed.

The manufacturers list in their brief description on the reverse of the sample that it may occur and that it's not a fault, so the implication is that the client bought knowing it was a risk. In most cases, the client vehemently denies knowing about it before purchase and usually claim that if they were told expressly that it was a risk, they would never have bought that product.

Hopefully this chemical guy will come through with contacting me to divulge more info regarding being able to prevent it.

John

Name
Fred H
looks like that eliminates foot traffic as the cause

who walks in a line like that?

Permanent Pile reversal from this morning's job.
IMG_9422.jpg

IMG_9421.jpg

IMG_9420.jpg

I was there looking at filtration soiling claim.
IMG_9415.jpg

IMG_9418.jpg

John

A-Team

Name
Jamie
I just spoke to my Father who has been in the carpet game for 45 years, predominantly at the highest levels of carpet manufacturing. He said that there is absolutely no definitive answer as to what causes the pile reversal phenomenon. He said he was involved in years of research with his company spending large amounts of money with the countries best experts to find a reason with no definitive outcome.

I mentioned all the theories that had been mentioned on this thread and he said they had tested them all. I mentioned Shorty's idea of aliens and crop circles and he laughed and said thats about as close as they got too.

He mentioned that many people over the years have said that it was only a phenomenon occurring in tufted carpets but he said that it was occurring in Woven Wilton carpet in the 60's.

He said what someone else already mentioned "that the person who does find the reason is set for life".

Consumer Affairs in Australia do not consider this to be a manufacturing fault which may be the same in the US & other countries too.

Whilst this provides no real answers, I hope it helps some.

Cheers

Jamie

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
John I have always been convinced that pile reversal is a result of foot traffic and whatever forces that coincide with that, and given that we see it every day here on both cut and loop pile carpets it's just par for the course... but doode, those are some wacky pics there, that's just weird :eekk:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I just spoke to my Father who has been in the carpet game for 45 years, predominantly at the highest levels of carpet manufacturing. He said that there is absolutely no definitive answer as to what causes the pile reversal phenomenon. He said he was involved in years of research with his company spending large amounts of money with the countries best experts to find a reason with no definitive outcome.

I mentioned all the theories that had been mentioned on this thread and he said they had tested them all. I mentioned Shorty's idea of aliens and crop circles and he laughed and said thats about as close as they got too.

He mentioned that many people over the years have said that it was only a phenomenon occurring in tufted carpets but he said that it was occurring in Woven Wilton carpet in the 60's.

He said what someone else already mentioned "that the person who does find the reason is set for life".

Consumer Affairs in Australia do not consider this to be a manufacturing fault which may be the same in the US & other countries too.

Whilst this provides no real answers, I hope it helps some.

Cheers

Jamie

Thank you for posting that. Any serious student of this industry already knew that, but this thread was good for a few wasted moments. I'm slow this week and enjoyed the useless discussion as a way to pass the time.

A-Team

Name
Jamie
Thank you for posting that. Any serious student of this industry already knew that, but this thread was good for a few wasted moments. I'm slow this week and enjoyed the useless discussion as a way to pass the time.

:biggrin: too funny

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thank you for posting that.
I'm slow, and enjoyed the useless discussion as a way to pass the time.

That's the same words Mikey told me when I asked him about you.

Still not sure what he meant. ?

Marty-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom