WHAT CHEMICALS WOULD YOU NOT BUY AGAIN?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
We've all been suckered into buying chemicals that just didn't perform as advertised.
Which ones won't you EVER buy again?

And why?

harryhides

Name
Tony
Harvard Chemical's Enzyme - too many fillers and too hard to dissolve completely causing a lot of grief with plugged HF's.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Kleenrite's Upholstery prespray.

It works great, but it's RTU and ammonia aided. The smell is strong and while it cleaned great and gave me some amazing results, it also caused some dyes to bleed as it dried.

The results while great are not worth the risk of replacement.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Steamways Maxpac. It burned my lungs like i had just smoked a menthol cigarette for the first time, or any of the "pacs" for that matter.

I don't have much use for OSR. Foams too long when mixing and sometimes wicks white stuff later. I'd rather use a liquid.

Chads

Supportive Member
Prochems spotter kit citrus gel and rust remover were the only things I have ever used. the others suck and not worth the 130 bucks I paid for it.

TimP

Any water based tile/grout sealer.

There are many I wont buy based on price however they work just fine just not worth the price compared to cheaper alternatives.

Like Flex, zone perfect, avenge hd upholstery cleaner, etc.....

steve r

i agree with fred, energy and for the reason stated but also i didnt see much difference.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
CTI / Pro's Choice Last Step Textile Rinse and Anti-Wicking Agent. Doesn't emulsify. Just smears the dirt around and leaves streaks. I had to post-pad with encap juice a white nylon to get the black streaks out. (Prespray was Extreme Clean.) It did the same thing on two cotton couches.

I've had good experience with all other CTI products.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I had a poor experience with CTI Last Step as well

Matter of fact, after the first gal was used, I poured the second gal down the drain

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I can't recall any bad experiences with Bridgepoint chems.
I've tried plenty of them.

we *used* to use Flex as our sledgehammer nuke juice til they changed the formula several years ago.

Scott Warringnton said they didn't change it, but I say they sure as hell did.
cause it's not nearly the hammer it use to be

yes, Procyon is crap.

the other was Abstraction HWE pre-spray.
I didn't think much of Abstraction OP spray either

..L.T.A.

-JB-

Name
JB
Allow me....viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3331&hilit=atomic

Dead_Horse.png

I wasn't impressed with Flex or Traffic Slam. Zone Perfect is a good product, but for now I'll stick with judsons juice and an occasional jug of Power Break, or maybe its Power Burst by bridgepoint, not sure.

R

R W

Funny....I tried other chems, and ended up going back to Procyon. Ya just gotta know how to use it. It's unfortunate that it's so pricey.....

steve g

Name
steve garrett
steamway max pac, its a poor cheap imitation of ultrapak traffic clean, it also seems to be diluted a bunch

the chemical I hate the most mainly because I was forced to use it while working for another company and that is bridgepoints hydrobreak, it sucks and doesn't clean for crap.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Bi-O-Kleens Fiber glow-junk!!! 6 gallons went in the trash
CTI presprays-too foamy
Stonetechs Bulletproof-leaves a white haze on grout, I love TOG Clear Seal SB

wired

Used Ultrapac for years . Went to Bridgepoint Zone Perfect no smell works great. Did a trashed out Rest . Carpet was black 9 Months without cleaning. Used 4 ounces per gallon in a bucket floor brush then went back with the GREENGLIDE WAND and it came out like a new carpet . Tried Magic Wand Products. That is real garbage. Shit in a 5 Gallon bucket. If any body wants some I have four and half pounds of it . Let me know. Thanks

-JB-

Name
JB
Tried Magic Wand Products. That is real garbage. Shit in a 5 Gallon bucket. If any body wants some I have four and half pounds of it

Makes a great door stop though don't it?

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Rotovac RPM....... pure crap. I still have some in the garage from 2 yrs ago.
They can sell a newbie anything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom