what chems and procedure would you use to clean and seal

jimmyolas

what chems and procedure would you use to clean and seal .

terracottatile.jpg

there is about 2500 sq ft and some of it has more algae, mildew in the grout .
need to clean and seal .
thanks , jimmy

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I would clean with normal process for ceramic tile
Sweep
Apply an alkaline prespray - My choice is Viper Venom allow 10 minutes dwell time
Scrub worst grout lines with a grout brush
Agitate / rinse / extract with a spinning tool like SX-12 or Turbo
Allow time to dry. Could be accelerated with air movers
Seal with Hydroforce premium Stone and grout sealer or if they liked the look Revive Color Enhancing seal

Do not apply a topical sealer. It will wear unevenly and look blotchy after a while.

Mikey P

Administrator
and explain to them that it will look exactly the same in 2 weeks...

be honest and sweep it off for them for free and for $20 take the garden hose to it.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Ok, put some Viper Venom down, scrub the grout lines and then take the hose to it. You can get $25.

fresh1

your presrpay will soak right into that stuff and dry doing little for cleaning. Most of the time just 2000psi and the turbo will do wonders. spray on some Glaze&seal wet look and call it a day.

Name
Ron lippold
mikey concerte seal is a indoor out door finish if its over 50 degrees you are in good shape. and mikey dont be a hater. I wont post if i dont knnow so back off...........................................

Name
Nate W.
Ron Lippold said:
clean and finish with concrete seal 7 coats and you will be a hero. 3.00 a square

2,500sf x $3.00 = $7,500.00 I've been missing the boat on tile cleaning......... :cry:

Name
Ron lippold
if you do it right it never has to be taken all the way down again. it will look amazinng for a long time. it takes time and you will loose your ass every now and then. I lost my ass last week on a brick job 3.25 a foot and should have been 7.50 it took 6 days.

Name
Nate W.
Ron Lippold said:
if you do it right it never has to be taken all the way down again. it will look amazinng for a long time. it takes time and you will loose your ass every now and then. I lost my ass last week on a brick job 3.25 a foot and should have been 7.50 it took 6 days.

Sounds like I need a ride-along with you Ronny! shiteatinggrin

Mikey P

Administrator
indoor/outdoor earth/venus.. does not matter Ron , plastic coating a porous tile that is set over concrete outside (and near the coast) is a real stupid idea, as a professional you are suppose to know this.

but what do I know, my word can't be trusted according to you and Yappy. "Hater"? Did I rag all over you in court so I would get $200 and a hand job with my next V purchase?

go ahead Jimmy, and put 14 coats down, I'm sure Ron will come out and peel it off for you when it bubbles, peels, blisters and farts all to hell.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I had good luck on one job that I mixed bleach with Powermax. It was mopped on, kept wet, scrubbed then turboed.

Albert

jimmyolas

This was priced and sold as a regukar cleaning and sealing of tile.
My approach is planned with viper venom , wieghted cimex and selective hand scrubbing
As needed. Then rinse , first seal grout then tile with paint roller
Using impregmator sealer , 1 coat or maybe 2
He was told it would be improved resusts not perfect

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom