what could be doing this.......

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
... or what the customer is doing.. always an unknown.

While his prespray changed Dave... with all the other cleaners using redline and a regular bases... and not hearing about this issue.. his new prespray can't be leaving anymore residue than the powermax. The ONLY thing I could think of in presprays that would be a contributing factor could be the fact that redline does not have any oxidizer in it like powermax .. unless Jim added an oxidizer that would throw out this next theory.. but I know alot of times, my oxidizer presprays will continue to brigthen a textile so when it drys its even brighter than when i finished. (and I mean sometimes considerably)

I agree fabreeze and lysol can create soiling issues.. but not to that extent that quickly. (however powdered deoderizer sprinkled over oily soils and urine spots when those spots are wet... can mix and be taken to the backing and create a big dark mess that wicks up only after wet cleaning.. and will not vacuum out. )

If the pad gets ruled out, you could always check the ph of the dark areas... Do the old sniff test and black light test to see if possibly you have a bad doggie who has secretly been pissin the night away.

OR... one more weird theory.. or rather circumstance I ran into a few weeks ago. 2nd time I cleaned a stair case and I had a glide this time since it had been 2 years since the last cleaning. absolute bottom steps of a tri level and after I wet finished, I went back and used my open hose cuff on the stair nosing and they turned black immediatly.. So I went through and hose cuffed all of those steps that I was seeing a little dingyness and had the same black stuff all over the bottom four stairs.. I re cleaned them again, hosed cuffed them and nothing else came up.

If all else fails do as harper suggested and use a water rinse... or try an acidic rinse.

Bruce Parsons

Jim,

I doubt whether or not it's something you did, it's probably something someone else has done, and their not saying. Have you taken a PH test? If it comes in high then you know it wasn't you, unless your rinsing with a high PH cleaner in your rinse, which of course I'm sure your not.

Sometimes when we run into something like this we just encap them and be done with it. It's amazing what a lite scrub with just a small amount of encap will do.

Good luck, Bruce

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
it is just more one of those deals that I would really like to figure out......we have all had something pop up on us at one point in time so that it no big deal......but after 3 different cleanings and everything was OK then the 4th one this happened and then when I went and re-did it it came back a second time....has got me wondering...I have not been there yet....they own there own dentist office ( which I also just got done cleaning using the same process with no problems )and cant get me over there until next week....I am more interested in if it came back in the same areas or if it is going to be different.......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom