What could this be?

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
4.8 CDS w/Salsa
Had one of the HE's replaced a few months ago, and a week or so ago I noticed coolant running to the back of the van. It is not a huge amount I am having to add a Qt back to the radiator every 3 or 4 days. I originally thought it might be hose clamps but I tightned them and no change. I can't find where any leak may be and I'm stumped. Has this happened to anyone else?
The HE that was replaced had a pin leak and was dumping solution back into the coolant system causing it to overflow. So at least it's not the same problem. There's only 1650 hrs on it and I put a heater in the van any night that the temp may go to freezing or below. So that shouldn't be the problem.
Thanks

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
RGH269 said:
4.8 CDS w/Salsa
Had one of the HE's replaced a few months ago, and a week or so ago I noticed coolant running to the back of the van. It is not a huge amount I am having to add a Qt back to the radiator every 3 or 4 days. I originally thought it might be hose clamps but I tightned them and no change. I can't find where any leak may be and I'm stumped. Has this happened to anyone else?
The HE that was replaced had a pin leak and was dumping solution back into the coolant system causing it to overflow. So at least it's not the same problem. There's only 1650 hrs on it and I put a heater in the van any night that the temp may go to freezing or below. So that shouldn't be the problem.
Thanks

Sounds like a small crack in the radiator hose leading to the HE, may need to replace. (Highly reccomend SILICONE heater hose, it will last forever! (But PRICEY$$$)

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Hopefully that is what it will be. That EX cost $1000.00 to replace another one at this point would be a tough pill to swallow. I am taking it in to the shop Fri. since I have had no luck finding the leak.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom