What do i need?

Name
Matt Ross
I am getting a small truckmount in the near future to replace my portable. It's an old spitfire 4.0 with a million hours on it, but I'm getting it nearly for free. I've used trucmounts in the past but it's been a few years. I do commercial carpets at my janitorial accounts and a few houses for friends and family. I might venture into residential carpet one day but not immediately. I want to upgrade from the portable for obvious reasons, speed and ease of doing tile at my commercial accounts. The truckmount will go into my janitorial trailer. I have questions about vacuum and solution hoses and wand size.
I dont think I'll need more than 150 ft of line, because all my jobs are single story and the machine likely doesn't have much more power than that anyways.
What lengths of hose and line should I get? And where? Online or at a supply place a couple hrs away?
What size wand? I'm eyeing Tom's new 1.5 swivel wand, but being that I dont use it every day I'm not sure if I need to spend 1350 bucks for a couple days of use a month. I'm thinking a 12 inch wide wand with 1.5 tube. With such a weak machine I doubt a 2in wand would help.
Thanks.

Reactions: The Great Oz

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I am getting a small truckmount in the near future to replace my portable. It's an old spitfire 4.0 with a million hours on it, but I'm getting it nearly for free. I've used trucmounts in the past but it's been a few years. I do commercial carpets at my janitorial accounts and a few houses for friends and family. I might venture into residential carpet one day but not immediately. I want to upgrade from the portable for obvious reasons, speed and ease of doing tile at my commercial accounts. The truckmount will go into my janitorial trailer. I have questions about vacuum and solution hoses and wand size.
I dont think I'll need more than 150 ft of line, because all my jobs are single story and the machine likely doesn't have much more power than that anyways.
What lengths of hose and line should I get? And where? Online or at a supply place a couple hrs away?
What size wand? I'm eyeing Tom's new 1.5 swivel wand, but being that I dont use it every day I'm not sure if I need to spend 1350 bucks for a couple days of use a month. I'm thinking a 12 inch wide wand with 1.5 tube. With such a weak machine I doubt a 2in wand would help.
Thanks.
The spitfire 4 uses a roots 45 blower which gives you pretty decent suction. A 2 inch wand will give you better drying times, a 1.5 inch wand will be easier to use. If you can afford it, go with toms wand. You will get better performance than with cheap wands and you will love the swivel on commercial jobs. Get 200 ft of hoses, there will be times when you will need it. Get a Hydra-force inline sprayer.

Name
Matt Ross
Correction, it's a spitfire 3.2 not a 4.0. So a roots 36 blower I believe. Just a little guy. I'm ordering a spinner and hydra force spray for sure. 200ft of hoses sounds good. Do you guys have your first length of 100ft? Then 50s so you can remove small sections?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Correction, it's a spitfire 3.2 not a 4.0. So a roots 36 blower I believe. Just a little guy. I'm ordering a spinner and hydra force spray for sure. 200ft of hoses sounds good. Do you guys have your first length of 100ft? Then 50s so you can remove small sections?
Mainly 50 ft. Lengths. You'll want 1-25 ft so you end up using more than you need. The 3.2 isn't great but still better than a porty. 200 feet will be a real stretch for that machine. As you clean, shorten your hose. Same for your solution line. Put shut off valves on all solution lines. For your solution line, I would do 1-100 ft and 2 50 ft lengths. Any wand that you choose, get a proper fitted glide for it.

Name
Brad Gouveia
I used to use 100' length of solutino but over time I was cutting a few feet off the ends as it wore away. Then before you know if it is 10-15 shorter than what you used to have. That is why I say to get a bit over 100'

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I used to use 100' length of solutino but over time I was cutting a few feet off the ends as it wore away. Then before you know if it is 10-15 shorter than what you used to have. That is why I say to get a bit over 100'
I do the same, I get 125 ft lengths but he isn't going to have super high heat on that machine so his hoses will last longer and a shorter hose will have less heat loss

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
That looks fair, price that is. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the rig you’re putting together. If the heat exchangers are good, it will give you all the heat you need for your purpose. I have one in a trailer and it works well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom