What do premium cleaners do that hacks don’t?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Vacuum, fans, wall guards, tarps, probably have a reel clean van you can eat off of.

And only clean, clean carpets!

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
Yes I think corner guards walk off mats ect are great

Spending time with customers is usually great but reading the customer if they have time for that is better

Reactions: Papa John

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Decent ironed uniform / matching top and bottom
Groom your self guys!
trimmed hair
trim nose hairs
tuck shirt in
tuck Tshirt in however if it flows with your physique, ok to leave out
Clean shoes / sneaks. It’s terrible looking when your shoes look dirty and worn.
clean teeth
fresh breath
keep exterior of van clean
Non carpeted floor protection from entrance to working areas
wear shoe covers when necessary
give client shoe coverings
keep focused when in clients home…don’t look around….hidden cameras maybe watching recording you
be respectful to clients grass and driveway
no foul language
no dirty jokes
no flirting with clients wife (unless she flirts first…be careful she might be trying to get you to drop your pants (price)
Don’t flirt with clients daughter, unless she flirts first and is over 18yrs old!
no political talk…never give them your political views or party leanings
carry extra pens….never ask for a pen to write the work order.
pet the dog (then give the dog 1-2 chocolate kiss when homeowner not looking) just kidding

Reactions: SamIam

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Baseboards
IMG_7238.jpeg
IMG_7239.jpeg

hogjowl

Idiot™
I haven’t posted on this thread (I don’t think) because I’ve been around long enough to know that most of you guys haven’t got a clue and would answer with a focus on procedure. The real difference is that the good quality focused cleaners understand that it takes longer to clean properly and aren’t afraid to charge for it. In fact, most probably aren’t aware of what their local hacks even charge.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I haven’t posted on this thread (I don’t think) because I’ve been around long enough to know that most of you guys haven’t got a clue and would answer with a focus on procedure. The real difference is that the good quality focused cleaners understand that it takes longer to clean properly and aren’t afraid to charge for it. In fact, most probably aren’t aware of what their local hacks even charge.
I’ve been around long enough to have observed most folk that have dusty dirty baseboards aint noticing a difference and I still charge the same. One less step for me equals I get to go to the bank sooner to make a deposit.

on the flip $ide, if that client i$ a home room grand$lam high end, you bet I’m whipping out the towel$, dollar tree long handle du$ter. mo$t of the$e type$ don’t blink an eye when you whack em over the head.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Baseboard makes a cleaner premium?

when baseboards are loaded with crusted dust throughout entire home, that’s their lazy problem. And no, wiping their preexisting dirty baseboards ain’t called ‘extra touch’

if I make the mess, I wipe.
Not the extra touch, I go the extra Mile. And baseboards do stand out when zinged clean. Also gets the crevice better than just dry vac when nailing it with a stair tool. That is premium.
The lazier they are, all the better. I am a cleaner, they are the customer with the $.
Been through burnout, slow times, anxiety over the future. Kept focused and nowI am at the "If you love your occupation, you never "work" a day in your life" stage.

And it keeps it fun. Since I have near 100% customer retention, when I am there the next year I look for dust I missed from the year before.

If they are not crusty or nasty, I just hit them with a Norwex Microfiber mop now as my PMF 1530 is edging properly.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Follow up call is a top premium move. I will spare the story of experience. Very hard to always do, but that lets the customer know you are no hack. Until then, they just think your notta hack.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
I like the baseboard thing for sure
answering phone
good looking clean company truck with decals or wrap
showing up on time
clean uniform
corner guards and walk off matts
truckmount
fast dry times
leave behind magnets or cards