What do suppliers hate?

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Having been a supplier for Steam Way International from 1987 to 1992, I feel for suppliers who try to make a living in the carpet cleaning supply business. Dealing with carpet cleaners is not always easy, is it? What are your challenges and difficulties?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Loren;

Combating misinformation on this and other boards.

Freight & raw material price increases.

Poor product quality.

Larry

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Larry hit it with freight and material prices increasing and the guff we get for it. The unwillingness of cleaners to take classes and educate themselves so they can offer a better service to their customers.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Larry and Chris hit the major ones.

To add.....
I hate it when new customers have been unjustly hurt by other suppliers, i.e. charged for poor service or unnecessary repairs and then come to us with negative trust issues that have to be overcome. I suppose it is somewhat bettered after you show them that a much better relationship can be gained with yourself. But still, they often arrived weakened by the prior experience. You want all your customers to be strong, and remain strong.

Greenie

Short of only making a million, I agree with Larry.

Combating misinformation on this and other boards.

Freight & raw material price increases.

Poor product quality from Vendors.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
And since none of the suppliers says it, I will, since I am just a dang cleaner.

Carpet cleaners that extract all the technical information and help they can get from their suppliers and then nickel and dime them to death. Using their suppliers, yet shopping for the absolute cheapest without any regard to the people who generously helped them.

It makes even the most Christian of suppliers hope that there is Karmic retributions, doesn't it?

Bob Foster

There are good distributors and there are insecure greedy ill-informed local distributors.

I have no problems buying by long distance or over the internet and it allows me to be more selective in my choice in the process. Price is not the most important factor.

It is a good thing we have these people here to help us with their knowledge and supplies.
GreenGlides Lisa Jeff and family
Pembertons Lee and Jim
Olsen - Superior
Excellent Supply Rick
VacAway - Steve
Cobb - Larry
Mytee -John and family
Orbitec - Clarke
Hruby
Rug Badger - Steve
Sierrra Cleaning Systems
Masterblend Aaron
and of course the Judsons - Joyce, Les Dick and Jud who I am very grateful for their extraordinary help and good friendship. I wouldn't be in business today if it weren't for the help Les and Joyce have given me.

are just some who come immediately to mind. Forgive me if I forgot to mention many of the other good ones that we have here. All these guys have sure helped me and I will do what I can to support them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom