What do you do for your Carpet Retailers?

Mikey P

Administrator
Do you clean their shops for free?

The owners or employee's homes?

Doughnuts?

Pizza?

Or just send them the ones that can't be cleaned.

How do you give out the new carpet jobs if you have more then one retailer in a close area?

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
I clean his shop for free and charge for his house.

What he does for me, that all new carpet sold includes a free cleaning at 1yr anniversary. When the cleaning is done, he (carpet retailer) cuts me a check.

Win Win for both of us. I have 3 retailers that send me work. But only one (above) does me any good long term.

G

I clean their shops for free?

and I CLEAN The owners home 4 FREE

Doughnuts ONCE AN A WHILE

He gives me all request for a good carpet cleaner, and sole business card
in showroom!

Cheers, AL

G

I have gotten over $5,000.00 worth of work for doing this, in "1" year,
and that's part time!

That's what I call cheap advertising! :D "And Smart TOO" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Every Where I Go, I Leave Them In A State Of Shock!

Real Deep Cleaning, My MAXX470 Rocks ! HE HE HE>>>

Roight Then, AL

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
10% of the sales ticket for 1st time i clean the referred's carpet.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I go in there all pissed off yelling at them for selling polyester frieze to everyone. :shock:

No referrals yet.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Bruce Humphrey said:
I don't do anything for them except refer them to my customers.

Same as Bruce................

I was at a gas station one day and there was a employee/owner there of a carpet store and he started talking to me and asked me if I wanted to work with them...

I told him I did not really need the work but I did have a few holes that I could fill and would be happy to help him out.... He said he wanted 15% of all the jobs he would send me.....

I told him no thanks he could find someone else........the way I look at it is...I can send you work or I can take it away from you and send it somewhere else.....(which holds true for every type of business) Your going to send me (maybe) $200/$300 dollar jobs now and then
I will be sending you way more then that .at the end of the year your still going to get a bigger piece of the pie so why would I want to give you a percentage of mine.......

we have had a great working relationship for the last year and a half

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
ODIN said:
OH jim your going against the HOWARD on this

the bribe is to go to all real estate agents, carpet dealers, decorators,and the like a tiny slice of your pie.

Maybe howard can explain to me one day why my services are less meaning full and I should have to pay someone to use them..........

when I send some one over to a carpet retailer and they do a $1300 install
I don't get a percentage of it....

If I send someone to a real-estate agent and they close a deal and sell a house....there is no check waiting in my mail box ....

what am I missing........... ???????

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The three most important things that you can do to maintain retailer relationships:

1. Show up on time.
2. Do a great job.
3. Don't embarrass the retailer by anything you say or do.

Financial incentives and commissions are ok, but the real leaders in their field just want their customers taken care of, and they don't want a call that starts with:

"That cleaner YOU referred me to SAID/DID this..........."

Violate trust, or cause them grief at any level, and you are "history".

steve r

i agree with gary, they need to quite pushing crap carpet on thier customers.in 6months it looks like hell and then they get pissed at us because it doesnt look as good as new after we clean it.

jim martin has the right attitude in my opinion as does jim pemberton.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Jim Pemberton's got it. We'll thank people for referrals and refer others we know will treat our customers well.

The carpet retailer also knows we won't embarrass them by saying nasty things about the customer's choice of carpet. If we see a problem, we'll find out where they bought the carpet and talk to the retailer about it. They can be a hero by calling their/our customer and being proactive about a fix rather than getting an angry call about a problem we pointed out.

We have lost referrals to cleaners that are willing to play the fee or free cleaning game, but those referral sources often come back when the company paying the fee can't provide the level of service their customer expects.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
This is the comp for a carpet retailers display we are working on. The space at the bottom right is where a holder is for our cash cards which will be given as a incentive to use our services.

ProofRetailers-1.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's like a business card holder 4 inches wide by 2.5 high.

We plan to put our cards in them.

They also sell one that holds a company brochure. You can get them at Office depot.

This was my first attempt, then, I decided as important as it was, I needed Wayne Miller to do it for me! 8)

firsttry-1.jpg

TimP

I fortunately don't have to do anything since I am in as well as you can be with a carpet retailer. But I can tell you that if you can get them behind you completely and actually have them selling work for you. They can be the most rewarding source of work you can get. I can tell you about half my biz comes from them. And they are an unbelievable source for tile cleaning work. Whatever you do you need to ask them what you can do to get them to get work for you. Have them sell protector for you where you apply protector after installs etc you can make some good money with little work if you play your cards right with them!

Brad_Smith

I agree with gary. How can you guys refer to carpet shops that sell polyester shit. There is NO reason to sell it.

I just feel dirty doing the Howard thing. It feels great when people are happy to refer me with NO compensation.

TimP

You have to sell polyester because sometimes it's all people can afford. It does have it's advantages and the mills push it. In addition they have improve the extrusion and weaving process on it to help it last longer. A good carpet biz will try to sell it but you just have no idea how expensive nylon is. It's directly related to fuel prices. Anyways many people shop price and look and don't care about what it's made of. When you buy a piece of clothing do you really care what it's made of??? It's the same mentality.

Brad_Smith

New poly looks the same as nylon. After a year the poly has distorted traffic lanes, furniture marks just about impossible to fix, and high traffic areas that don't clean as well as nylon. The buyer has no idea.

Manufactures act like cleaners are the problem when they make this junk. I clean the mid to lower end market and see lots of this junk every day. Olefin berber is much better choice if one wants cheap and stain resistant. A cheap nylon is much better than a mid grade poly.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Brad_Smith said:
New poly looks the same as nylon. After a year the poly has distorted traffic lanes, furniture marks just about impossible to fix, and high traffic areas that don't clean as well as nylon. The buyer has no idea.

Manufactures act like cleaners are the problem when they make this junk. I clean the mid to lower end market and see lots of this junk every day. Olefin berber is much better choice if one wants cheap and stain resistant. A cheap nylon is much better than a mid grade poly.

totally agree 100%

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
We have one retailer we have used from day one, NO kick backs, just stand up work for our clients, BTW very well said Jim P.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Thanks, Richard. That's the best carpet cleaning pic I've worked with.

new-1.jpg

I like what Jim Pemberton said. Had it not been for a charitable carpet guy in the beginning we might not be in business today. He sent us tons of work. He wouldn't take anything for free and he never asked for a cut. All he wanted was what Jim said, take care of his customers, do it right and don't leave any egg on his face.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
To go on the record, I have come into carpet stores and chatted up a salesman or two about Poly carpets and the claims I see in the brochure, but out of curiosity and for the purpose of gently informing them of how their "miracle fiber" holds up in the real world. I have never jumped down a carpet retailers throat. That was a joke.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Wayne Miller said:
Thanks, Richard. That's the best carpet cleaning pic I've worked with.

new-1.jpg

I like what Jim Pemberton said. Had it not been for a charitable carpet guy in the beginning we might not be in business today. He sent us tons of work. He wouldn't take anything for free and he never asked for a cut. All he wanted was what Jim said, take care of his customers, do it right and don't leave any egg on his face.

Quality work

I checked your website, really liked those huge baby pictures in those van wraps!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Finished them up and they were delivered today, we have a few more holders on order and will deliver once they come in.

Wayne Miller did an excellent job!

I love the fade he did to list the services.

IMG_0743.jpg

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
I clean Their shop for free, I charge for their home. I get 4 or 5 jobs a week from them at times. About 5000.00 in the last 2 years. From one retailer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom