What do you do for your Carpet Retailers?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Wondering what to think of what a carpet retailer did for me. I know they have a habit of recommending "Big Ego" Cleaning, but they usually throw our name in there when we are referring customers down to them....

They sold this gal some really cheap polyester frieze, and recommended me to clean it when it was time. It's been 10 months since it was installed. Now I'm stuck trying not to tell her the carpet is junk when it is obvious 1 of 2 things has happened.

1: I didn't get it clean

OR

2: The carpet is already horribly crushed in all the high traffic areas and in front of the furniture and will need to be replaced in another ten months.

Did they know the carpet was junk and recommended me to take the bullet, or were they trying to do something nice because we have sent them thousands and thousands of dollars in business this year?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Wayne Miller said:
Thanks for posting the pic, Richard. I usually don't get to see the finished product. lol

Wayne, where in md are you located?

dgargan

Retailers? I don't get it

I swear I live in some sort of carpet cleaning Bermuda Triangle when it comes to marketing. I've tried it all from everyone I come in contact in this business and can't find a marketing program that works. This is the same when it comes to retailers. I spent 18 months going into retail carpet stores. Once a month I'd leave donuts, cakes and so on, try to talk to the owner and would always get the brush off. 3 told me to stop bringing in food and bothering them. A few will only let me leave a few cards (to go along with the cc cards on the counter) They don't want to hear about a program that would help them or their customers. They don't want any part of the carpet cleaning business mixed in with their business.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I have one... we'll not really. This post a few months ago inspired me to get out there. I have in the past but seriously when they hear Chem-Dry they think bonnet cleaning and pretty much show you the door. :lol:

I did land one and cleaned their store (about 1 hour). Then the guy sits me down and starts talking about the Karan (spelling). I go in again and he gives me some books related to the same. I felt like someone was knocking on my door on Sunday telling me how their religion is better then all others. No thanks.

Albert

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
SW Florida got nailed hard when the housing bubble imploded, Bryan. Building was providing most of the jobs in the Cape Coral area. There's nothing to replace them. I was building houses and Gena was in Real Estate. lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom