what do you do for your food needs?

FredC

Village Idiot
Kevin...with all due respect...you are kidding yourself....and paying more to do it

Unless of course you only visit the salad bar at those places....with no cured meats on it..........or dressing

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Have you tried the GAPS diet?

I had never heard of that one, but it looks like it might be good. All You younger folks be sure and eat healthy while You can because if You don't You may wind up like Me, not being able to eat a lot of good stuff because You ruined Your colon eating junk.

Reactions: GCCLee

Chris A

Name
Chris
I eat out everyday and buy my helpers lunch but it's almost never fast food. Unless you call subway fast food. We do pizza hut buffet, golden corral, subway,Avanti's italian or health food places. I'm not crazy about veggies put I don't eat crap. I spend $20- $30+ on lunch every day. I eat cereal and fruit for breakfast and I feel like crap around 1 pm if I don't eat. I'm a working machine and I need fuel. Way to go Chavez. Keep it up.

$30x 250 working days=$7500! Holy shit!

Reactions: Hoody and GCCLee

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
find ya place or places that serve ya meat and 3
and go there everyday u will start to meet some of the locals
its called networking plus its good for ya
works for us anyway

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
find ya place or places that serve ya meat and 3
and go there everyday u will start to meet some of the locals
its called networking plus its good for ya
works for us anyway

This is True!
Don't forget to pin a card on the board as you leave!!

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
When I was younger I bought my own lunch every single day for 4-5 years. I still stayed skinny, but I worry about the long-term effects of that poor diet. Today if I'm on the truck, I take a cooler, sandwich of some sort, celery or carrots, granola bar. Always eat wheat bread and not white. I pack an extra peanut butter sandwich because I'm hypoglycemic and its kicks my sugar back up when I need it to. Also freeze 5-6 bottles of water for long days, I hate the taste of tap water here.

January of 2012 I was weighing in at around 198 if I remember correctly. I started eating better, and cutting out many bad sugars. I was not drinking any soda at all, but now I cheat it and have one or two now and again. But I'm back down to 158, and got a membership at the community center, and would like to gain the muscle mass that I lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: GCCLee

Jimbo

When working...I get a nice breakfast...usually Huevos Rancheros...then a good lunch at my favorite cafe...NO fast food...225 lbs this morning

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I have a good bowl of Optimum cereal in the morning, sometimes with a protein powder
During the day I have water on board and some mixed nuts to snack on when driving. Protein bars are in the box for when I'm working
I have nice cool spot under my sink.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Sandwich chips sodas water fiberone bar and another bar of sorts have coffee and a bagel before I leave the house.

Eat the bars after 1st job with a soda eat lunch around noon with other sodas then finish with water the rest of the day

had spaghetti with Italian sausage for dinner tonight

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I eat out everyday and buy my helpers lunch but it's almost never fast food. Unless you call subway fast food. We do pizza hut buffet, golden corral, subway,Avanti's italian or health food places. I'm not crazy about veggies put I don't eat crap. I spend $20- $30+ on lunch every day. I eat cereal and fruit for breakfast and I feel like crap around 1 pm if I don't eat. I'm a working machine and I need fuel. Way to go Chavez. Keep it up.
You're not over weight either Kevin, you must burn it off cleaning during the day.

Yea I'm trying to do a little more and eat a little better, layoff the sodas and the candy.
It's not me actually, it's my wife, she buys all the candy and ice cream and cookies, I think she's trying to kill me for the insurance money! ; )

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I hear ya Richard. My wife is starting a cupcake biz and she's always baking. I just had 2 cupcakes she made today but most times I won't even try one. Hey Sam, soda, chips and bagels are all garbage.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Hey Chris, I think what Nate was trying to say was that Amy and I spent some time together at the last MF and she may have seen how I eat. Remember guys I only pay my helper $10 so lunch IS his benefit package. And most day it's closer to $20-$25. I don't use him everyday either. If I only have 1 or 2 small jobs he stays home and I work and eat alone. I may still spend $20 though. It actually works out to 4-5000 a year. But a lot of times it's tip money or I added on to a job or 2 to pay for it.
I don't care for lunch meat so I'm not carrying a lunch. If I did would I bring enough for my helper too and eat in a stinky truck? No thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom