What do you do when you have iregular sized rooms/hallways

N

NJ104

I went to a church today to measure all of their carpets, they wanted to see if I could give them prices on everything.they wanted e to give them seperate prices of rooms and hallways the sanctuary choir room etc... I have been pricing my jobs on the $$ per square foot. I am curious about prices, I usually stick with twenty-two cents per square feet. I am wondering what the norm is on pricing commercial carpet; Should I charge less if it is a certain size/amount of carpet is a standard of pricing, is there a rule of thumb on this?

Fred Homan

Re: What do you do when you have iregular sized rooms/hallwa

You might want to shoot from the hip......

Becker

Name
Becker

eye ball it..

How long will it take you?

What is your target rate per hour?

time x rate per hour = bid price.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member

I would eye ball it also and just think of how long it would take you. 22 cents is pretty good...if they will pay more, charge more :)

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller

Never charge more just because you think you can get it. Always keep integrity in your pricing. Things like that have a way of coming back and biting you. As far as churches go, I never have charged one yet.

gene

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member

I charge more to people who live in Manhattan than other boro's. You think the rent is the same? Or the food is the same price?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes

Eyeball IT

I have a friend that dose VCT work. I asked him what he charges per sq. He tells me he dosen't price by the sq. He started out doing seven-eleven stoores and know how long a seven-eleven takes to refinish and how much to charge for a seven-eleven. So, when he bids he he just eyeballs and says that's a the size of two 7-11 or threee 7-11, ect.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom